Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The halfway mark?

Half-Filled.jpg

Oh wait it has to trickle down to the sump. My RODI is 100 gpd. WIsh i had 200 now lol.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The halfway mark?

Half-Filled.jpg

Oh wait it has to trickle down to the sump. My RODI is 100 gpd. WIsh i had 200 now lol.

Should be pumping water just in time for Christmas. :p

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should be pumping water just in time for Christmas. :p
I can't wait to get that Vectra going. I am so excited. I have some Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride and some Brightwell Micorbacter 7. I also have 3 Radion G4 pro's coming. The tank will essentially be powered by Ecotech. My Reeflink is already setup and running. I don't need any lights during my Cycle.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the tank is filled. It finished on Christmas Eve. I added ammonia and got the level to 2ppm. I guess when the cycle began on Christmas was this tank's birthday? I just check the ammonia with my Red Sea Kit and I am down from 2ppm to 0.8. My bacteria culture I have been using is Brightwell Microbacter 7. I normally use Dr. Tim's or Instant Ocean Biospira but I heard so many wonderful things about MB7. Well I am excited needless to say. As you can see from the pictures I have not put my lights up just yet. I think I am going to wait a month or so. I want the tank to develop more. I am really taking my time with this build. Unlike the 125, and the 150, I will not rush this one. When I stick coral in I want everything to be near perfect or as close as the condition can get for a new tank. I don't plan on adding any coral until about March or April. I Midas well let the bacteria develop. Fish will go in as soon as the cycle is over and I do a 50% water change. Let me know what you guys think.

20191228_204141.jpg 20191228_204159.jpg 20191228_204211.jpg 20191228_204238.jpg 20191228_204254.jpg

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The MP40's are really blowing that sand as you can see the dunes that have been made. I have ample room for my ato to the right of the sump. My plan is to put my radions up in February. I have never gone this slow but I want this to be one of my better builds which I think it is. I will keep this updated. Thanks for reading.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As of yesterday, the cycle has finished. Ammonia is undetectable and so are the nitrites. I do have nitrates. I will do a water change of 100 gallons then I will begin to add my fish from my 150 (maybe). I might try to get some fish that are shy so that they can feel at home first. My yellow tang is kind of a jerk along with his cousin the bristle tooth tang. I want to let the newbies get their space established and get some territory established. With a 2 inch sandbed, I will be getting some wrasses soon. stay tuned as I will be posting pics. Had I done this basement remodel in order, the basement should have been finished by now, but I know what will happen. Something will always come up and I won't get a chance to get my tank done so I am getting that on its way then I will have something nice to look at while I refinish my basement.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, my delivery came from the online vendor. I want to open the box to have a look. Should I wait another 3 hours until I get home or should I look now? I did not want to have them deliver it to my home and the package would have to sit outside until I get there. Chicago is cold this time of year, it's warm in my office. Should I open?

delivery.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my delivery came from the online vendor. I want to open the box to have a look. Should I wait another 3 hours until I get home or should I look now? I did not want to have them deliver it to my home and the package would have to sit outside until I get there. Chicago is cold this time of year, it's warm in my office. Should I open?

delivery.jpg

Open it! OPEN IT! O P E N I T!

Just noticed you're in Chicago too. Having a warm day today and happy most of the snow is melting too!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics? PICS? P I C S??? ;)

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok the Talbots have made it pass the acclimation and are in QT. I have not started any meds as I will begin tomorrow with that. I want them to get settled. They will be there for a while. Please keep in mind I am not a photographer and realized that I have not gel filters but here are the little guys in the QT. Water Temp = 78.1F, Salinity=1.024 pH= Yeah right, Tank size Aqueon 29 gallon.

Fish001.jpg Fish002.jpg Fish003.jpg Fish004.jpg Fish005.jpg Fish006.jpg Fish007.jpg Fish008.jpg

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank is cycled I will do a 100-gallon water change this weekend and maybe add both my clowns from my 150. Nothing interesting with the tank while no fish are there. I am going to stock on some pods before I fully stock it. With my overflow, I have 4 dursos. Both overflows have a full siphon and an open channel. I only have gate valves on my full siphons to control the flow. I am not much on aquascaping the only thing I tried to do was keep all rock off the glass, and have cracks and other little spaces for little fish to hide. Big fish will have spaces too. I still have to purchase my Radions. I was trying to make up my mind between the pro and non pro. I'm going pro. I want to the to a few months of age on it before G4's go up. The MP40's pushed that Fiji pink all around show it no respect at all.
They are running at 50 percent I might slow them down once I add the other to MP40's.

FRONT.jpg Overflow.jpg PUMP.jpg SIDE.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back