• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AquaSD clam - disappointed with size

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got married back in November (first marriage) and now have a wife and two kids. They wanted to give me something special for our first Father’s Day and she’s a teacher and teachers don’t pick the career for the money. The wife asked me if what I really wanted was a clam, fish or something else. I told her I really wanted a clam, but they can be expensive and said if you go that route I have researched it and guided them to Aqua SD. I said they are a little more expensive, but should get a quality clam from them and they sell by size. I told her clams 2” and larger are more likely to thrive and that the smaller ones are a bit more difficult. Well, it came today and it was smaller than anticipated. She showed me the paper included and it said approximately 2”, but this thing was smaller than what I’d expect for what we paid and what we expected to be approximately 2”. Really disappointed that we went with the more expensive vendor and ended up with a smaller clam nonetheless. I didn’t share my disappointment with the kids and hopefully it will do well. Anyone else have the same experience?
20971BEE-72CA-4E6B-9813-5C09681192F5.jpeg

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this, and thanks for reaching out and allowing us to refund you in full for the clam. Hope that you had a great Fathers Day :)

We get our aquacultured clams from ORA, on their listing, it states 4 - 5 CM (which is 1.5 - 2"), therefore we list them as Approx 2". We have changed that now, and will start listing them as Approx 1 - 2", so there are no confusion.

Thanks for helping us do a better job. Happy Reefing.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back