• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AquaSD just called me - won’t ship my order

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m kinda shocked at this. I won 3 ebay auctions from @AquaSD on Dec 21. My total was
59.50 - coral
40.00 - shipping
9.71 - tax

Total 109.21. Was notified Via ebay message my order would ship Tuesday for 12/27 delivery and I thanked them

Now it’s shipping day and I’m supposed to get them tomorrow and I get a call from them saying “I didn’t order enough and they ran some calculations and are barely breaking even” and they want me to buy more coral to justify shipping.

I said I won three auctions and paid their shipping charge and they won’t ship? He said that calculating the cost of shipping, plus employee time to pack, materials, etc they are barely making anything and his manager asked him to call me to say they can hold my order and they will have New Years sales on the website or I can browse eBay or the website to add something on.

I asked what is your minimum order amount in order to ship? He couldn’t tell me a number and said I need to buy “around 15-20$ more coral so they can make a little money”

So if Anyone bought one coral on eBay, and paid shipping, then they wouldn’t hold to the agreement and ship? I spent $109, 60 of it on coral, and was messaged from them confirming a ship date. Not shipping my order is a violation of eBay terms, and they are going back on their message confirming they would ship and I don’t know what to do.

@AquaSD can you help here?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email on eBay with shipping confirmation
@AquaSD

Attachments

• A6DC36F9-2CFB-4C13-9BD1-4D21E5D907B0.png
    A6DC36F9-2CFB-4C13-9BD1-4D21E5D907B0.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also find it suspicious that you called me. I’ve never had a seller call me instead of message me. My assumption is that you didn’t want to use eBay messaging system to put in writing that you are refusing to ship three items I won and paid for because you aren’t making enough money on my total order

There are reserve prices that can be set, in a auction starting at .99 with no reserve, whatever it sells for is the final price. I won three auctions and promptly paid when you sent me the total invoice. You mailed me and confirmed a ship date. It’s not right to call me the day of shipping to say I need to buy more coral because you are barely breaking even.

Please make this right and ship my order.

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are shipping your order out today. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaSD my order arrived and the corals that were shipped are not the corals I bought. The very first line of text at the top of the listing states:

“You are bidding on the item in the photo. It's uncommon, but human errors do happen. If the title does not match the picture you see, please let us know so we can correct it (if Ebay Allows). If not, please be assured that you will be receiving the item in our photo”

I did not get the items in the photos.

The two polyp fat head dendro I bought - the sent me a single head instead

The 4 poly Aussie yellow dendro - they sent a bag, with a single head on one frag plug, and a two head on another frag plug.

Frags are covered in hair algae also and one has a big aptasia right on top of the frag plug.

My main issue is that the listing says I will be receiving the item in the photo, and I absolutely did not get the items I purchased.

I haven’t opened the shipping bags yet. They are floating. I can post more pictures here if you want. Feel free to dm me or call me to discuss this situation.

Attached photo is item 3 from my order, a 4 head yellow dendro. This is not a 4 head dendro

B3E4109E-80CF-4C2B-9D0D-C0E42B8A015C.jpeg EDFDDA65-5EA0-4A55-BB23-FD8F632F3409.jpeg

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Item 2 - should be a two polyp fat head dendro - clearly one main head with a second behind it in the auction picture. I was sent a single head with some kind of growth on it. I didn’t open the bag so I can’t tell what this dark spot is. But regardless, not a two head frag from the picture

Attachments

• A4597CF5-4A5C-4983-8FBD-11BE2BAE522B.jpeg
    A4597CF5-4A5C-4983-8FBD-11BE2BAE522B.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 45
  • 3A7C95C7-ECF0-48A6-8297-FE8A7BD09445.jpeg
    3A7C95C7-ECF0-48A6-8297-FE8A7BD09445.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 360C513E-D092-4D03-8ABB-AB5A0DCD4622.jpeg
    360C513E-D092-4D03-8ABB-AB5A0DCD4622.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 61

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will refund you for the corals, I'm sorry about this mess. Thank you again for bringing this up to my attention.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 87 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back