Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the one in Chicago. The fairgrounds are a good location. And, Dallas has a nice aquarium downtown.

Going to be a hard sell for saltwater non-locals being so close to ReefAPalooza. RAP Orlando is about 1/4 mile from the Seaworld entrance.

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited about this!!!! I bought my tickets as soon as they went on sale lol. The wife and I will be there.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it does well. I will be there at least one of the days. Dallas hasn't exactly been good about supporting events like this with attendance. We used to have a big show once a year and it was stopped several years ago. I was told it was from lack of attendance. Hopefully not having a big show for several years will get people out to this one. Wish it was in north Dallas area but not a big deal. Just a lot longer drive for me.

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it does well. I will be there at least one of the days. Dallas hasn't exactly been good about supporting events like this with attendance. We used to have a big show once a year and it was stopped several years ago. I was told it was from lack of attendance. Hopefully not having a big show for several years will get people out to this one. Wish it was in north Dallas area but not a big deal. Just a lot longer drive for me.

I think it will do well for one like you said we haven't had anything on a large scale in a while. Its been mostly the coral fest swap for us. Also, this city has seen an insane amount of growth over the past 5 years and we are topping the charts for many things countywide. Overall I hope it does so well that we get more events like this. Plus if you are coming from out of town I would recommend the Dallas World Aquarium its a super cool place and the ending of it has some amazing fish tanks.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vendor list yet. With Reef Currents in Houston on 5/4 and Texas Coral Fest in Dallas area on 5/5 I am thinking it will be interesting to see what vendors opt for Aquashella Dallas. That's basically 5 weeks of separation for these events. Lots of vendors would typically hit Reef Currents 5/4 and then Texas Coral Fest on 5/5.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vendor list yet. With Reef Currents in Houston on 5/4 and Texas Coral Fest in Dallas area on 5/5 I am thinking it will be interesting to see what vendors opt for Aquashella Dallas. That's basically 5 weeks of separation for these events. Lots of vendors would typically hit Reef Currents 5/4 and then Texas Coral Fest on 5/5.

That is going to be part of the problem, though I would think they would do this over the others if they are choosing. Looking at the list from the prior show, I'm only seeing a couple that are usually at our swaps. We have had 2 normal frag swaps within a month of each other and they both seemed to do well, at least attendance wise. Attendance vs buying is what I would love to know. I've seen a ton of people at the swaps but they don't seem to actually be buying anything. Personally I'm horrible at the swaps. I'll set a budget of $200 and then spend $600. I just can't turn down the deals that Uchin gives me.

Sure hope Joshporksandwich has a booth at this one, I see he did at the Chicago show. I've wanted to see his stuff for years and haven't been able to go to the Houston swaps he has been at.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will they post a vendor list?

Opus, you're right, Uchin is great! He knows how to squeeze that extra bit out but make a good deal for it too.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will they post a vendor list?

Opus, you're right, Uchin is great! He knows how to squeeze that extra bit out but make a good deal for it too.

They said on facebook a few days ago it would be out very soon. If we could get Cherry, Josh and Reefkoi there it would be like a big reunion.

alanbetiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cmcoker I doubt it. I'm working Saturday and we're open til 4. So it would only be Sunday. Think Olive would like it though, we'll see if I can talk Susie into $45 for the family to go haha

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cmcoker I doubt it. I'm working Saturday and we're open til 4. So it would only be Sunday. Think Olive would like it though, we'll see if I can talk Susie into $45 for the family to go haha
Bummer, we've got tickets for Saturday. Nancy actually thought it looked like fun, and is coming with. Hopefully she doesn't get bored too quick, lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back