Aquastation pums. Has anyone used them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cvrle1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cvrle1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Messages
902
Reaction score
988
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking around for some equipment, reading up on things and so on, and stumbled on return pump that I cant find too much info on.

It is Aquastation Silent Swirl Controllable DC pump

Pump.jpg


I found info from Amazon, where it has few reviews, and most are positive.
Here is full listing: https://www.amazon.com/aquastation-Controllable-3100GPH-marine-Controller-Circulation/dp/B075L8GR69

Was curious if anyone used one of these pumps before, and what your thoughts are? Price looks to be really good, so it probably is something like Jebao style of pump (clone/copy of more well known pump for less $)

Any feedback would be great and appreciated. Thanks
 
I was looking around for some equipment, reading up on things and so on, and stumbled on return pump that I cant find too much info on.

It is Aquastation Silent Swirl Controllable DC pump

Pump.jpg


I found info from Amazon, where it has few reviews, and most are positive.
Here is full listing: https://www.amazon.com/aquastation-Controllable-3100GPH-marine-Controller-Circulation/dp/B075L8GR69

Was curious if anyone used one of these pumps before, and what your thoughts are? Price looks to be really good, so it probably is something like Jebao style of pump (clone/copy of more well known pump for less $)

Any feedback would be great and appreciated. Thanks

Never heard of these. Giving you a bump.
 
I was looking around for some equipment, reading up on things and so on, and stumbled on return pump that I cant find too much info on.

It is Aquastation Silent Swirl Controllable DC pump

Pump.jpg


I found info from Amazon, where it has few reviews, and most are positive.
Here is full listing: https://www.amazon.com/aquastation-Controllable-3100GPH-marine-Controller-Circulation/dp/B075L8GR69

Was curious if anyone used one of these pumps before, and what your thoughts are? Price looks to be really good, so it probably is something like Jebao style of pump (clone/copy of more well known pump for less $)

Any feedback would be great and appreciated. Thanks
Its silent alright....mine stopped working after only 3 months and no warranty. The controller is trash on these units and many have failed.
 
This kind of thing makes me laugh. Seems to be a favored strategy for online resellers to take existing OEM kit and rebadge it. Crap by any other name is still crap. Just look at all the grow lights on ebay and amazon - mostly all the same crappy stuff. Seems most common with Chinese made stuff, though not exclusively so.
 
This kind of thing makes me laugh. Seems to be a favored strategy for online resellers to take existing OEM kit and rebadge it. Crap by any other name is still crap. Just look at all the grow lights on ebay and amazon - mostly all the same crappy stuff. Seems most common with Chinese made stuff, though not exclusively so.
I buy overpriced stuff but having a lifetime warranty along with the guy coming every week to replace no questions asked it makes it worth but I could never spend 1000 bucks on a light that grows coral almost the same as a 100 dollar light and what's the warranty on a new xr30 better be 5+ years for that price
 
I am about to install one of these today.. DC5000.... testing it revealed it is silent and very powerful. I hope it lasts!
 
I am about to install one of these today.. DC5000.... testing it revealed it is silent and very powerful. I hope it lasts!
@revenant how is this pump working for you ?
any issues
 
Yes, I had one of those. The pump itself was fine and extremely silent. But the controller went haywire on it after a few months. It has a variety of speed settings for both constant and pulsing flow. No matter what you set it to, it would just randomly change or sometimes even shut off completely. Hard pass.
 
Have you noticed the screws that hold it together? Just curious if anyone has had issues with that?
 
I have been running two of them. The first one I purchased March 2021 and the second one about a year ago. Never had an issue with them and like them quite a bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new