Status
Not open for further replies.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now i see why people complain about the critters I went there today and saw a bag of Red Sea salt marked 39.99 and saw that it had a hole in it and salt coming out so I grabbed it cause it's an awesome deal well I set the bag on the counter and while I'm shopping around i guess the short older guy with longer hair change the price to its original price with out telling me so when I go to check out I'm like I thought this was marked down to 39.99 and the short older guys was like I don't know who marked it down but that's not the price and I was like maybe someone marked it down cause it was broke well any how he had a bad attitude the moral to the story is that instead of doing it that way I think they should had told me something and not do it the way they did. Also slapping a 79.99 tag on a leaking salt bag and taping over it that's not good business who know how much salt that thing is missing.

Jeremy S.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was up there yesterday and their beautiful tank near the coral section was nuked...anyone know what the heck happened to that tank?!

Osteoclast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the Era we are in, buying expensive supplies on line has become commonplace. BRS is an example of a supplier that has supplanted the Critter. Most supplies can be purchased at discounts. Local fish stores serve a purpose yet less than in years past. I try to support Chris and his staff but spend more on line. The LFS's will continue to compete at a striking disadvantage. It is a different era.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the Era we are in, buying expensive supplies on line has become commonplace. BRS is an example of a supplier that has supplanted the Critter. Most supplies can be purchased at discounts. Local fish stores serve a purpose yet less than in years past. I try to support Chris and his staff but spend more on line. The LFS's will continue to compete at a striking disadvantage. It is a different era.

It's not about prices is about being honest and honoring your mistake not try to act like I didn't see that it was marked 39.99

Osteoclast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris seems to me to be an honest man but I agree that his employees may not be. It is unfortunate that you had this experience. I would speak to Chris at the earliest opportunity.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice some days they are very helpful and nice, but other days they are not. Im sure they have bad days but it makes me want to go elsewhere with my business also.

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, you should talk to Chris about it if you have an issue. He is very honest and fair. He goes out of his way to help out our club and club members when in need. Don't bash the store because of what a paid employee did.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, you should talk to Chris about it if you have an issue. He is very honest and fair. He goes out of his way to help out our club and club members when in need. Don't bash the store because of what a paid employee did.

That's the second incident I have with the same dude I remember one day I wanted to buy an acro frag and he quoted me high as hell for it and the owner sold it to me for cheap and the guy got all b#* hurt about it like it belong to him. I know the owner is good I deal with him before.

TripleT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very glad that we have a local option to buy 90% of what I need for this amazing hobby. I have certain staff at the Critter that I deal with more often than others. As a rule the whole staff is awesome to deal with. I have purchased 3 tanks from him and Chris always goes the extra mile with the manufacturer for me. I have had a couple of pumps fail and he fought to get me better pumps from the manufacturer. I don't think a mail order company would have fought the way Chris did. I am also a fan of BRS and buy all of my dosing supplies from them. With out the critter I would not have a place to run to for an emergency. Just my .02

Last edited:

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't bash the store because of what a paid employee did.
Um no. Your employees ARE your store. By hiring and keeping employees that are treating customers poorly the store IS responsible.

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um no. Your employees ARE your store. By hiring and keeping employees that are treating customers poorly the store IS responsible.

So if no one ever tells the management that certain employees are doing certain things wrong, how are they supposed to know. An employee i am sure will not act the same way when management is around. Bashing a store online does not solve the problem.

Oh.. you also took that statement out of context. You need to read the first part of my post that says to talk to the manger.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let's not get this out of line this thread is not all about bashing the critters I know both of the main guys are stand up guys it's just that shorter bald older guy that sometimes take things out of line. And all in saying is that now I see why people complain. Rick I'm not the only one there's other people here in clarksville that won't go there any more for that reason.

braincandEE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was up there yesterday and their beautiful tank near the coral section was nuked...anyone know what the heck happened to that tank?!

I talked to Chris last week and he said they had a bad Cyano outbreak and he thinks the the LED system he has on the tank isn't the right spectrum so there efforts to thwart it have been in vain. I admit whatever is going on it looks terrible.

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reply was a little short. Was not trying to be feisty.

I just don't consider stating your shopping experience "bashing".

Second I agree with you on IF the owner does not know but reading the entire thread the op gives two examples about the same employee and the majority of the posts specifically state you have to deal with the owner to get decent service. Therefore i came to the conclusion that this is not an isolated incident and there is a really good possibility the owner has been approached about it before.

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let's not get this out of line this thread is not all about bashing the critters I know both of the main guys are stand up guys it's just that shorter bald older guy that sometimes take things out of line. And all in saying is that now I see why people complain. Rick I'm not the only one there's other people here in clarksville that won't go there any more for that reason.

I understand what you are saying Luis, but have you or anyone talked to Chris personally about him? Who are these people complaining to? I will personally talk to Chris and see if he is getting complaints about the guy you are talking about. I know who it is.

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reply was a little short. Was not trying to be feisty.

I just don't consider stating your shopping experience "bashing".

Second I agree with you on IF the owner does not know but reading the entire thread the op gives two examples about the same employee and the majority of the posts specifically state you have to deal with the owner to get decent service. Therefore i came to the conclusion that this is not an isolated incident and there is a really good possibility the owner has been approached about it before.

No Problem, I understand what you are saying. That's also why I was wanting to know if the OP has actually confronted the owner/MOD about the issues they are having. I just hate when people bash an establishment online without going thru the proper channels first. Especially when I know the store owner personally and know they will not put up with an employee making customers unhappy, IF they know about it.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand what you are saying Luis, but have you or anyone talked to Chris personally about him? Who are these people complaining to? I will personally talk to Chris and see if he is getting complaints about the guy you are talking about. I know who it is.
Yea I should have talk to the owner I would next time. But really it was no bashing it was more that I understand were people are coming from now

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let me get this straight... You think that someone not honoring an honest mistake is being dishonest? That makes 0 sense. Personally, I find nothing wrong with changing the price to what it should have been. They're not in business to lose money.

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back