Aquatic inspired art...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Spending more time at home has allowed me to catch up on some much needed projects.
Here's the latest one that I finished and sent to its rightful owner.

Apolemichtys arcuatus; the Bandit Angelfish.
Reclaimed wood with acrylics; 7.375"W by 6"H and 8.5"W by 6.75"H.
Reclaimed pallet board background; 14"W by 10.25"H.

200325 - BanditAngelfishPair.jpg
 
Spending more time at home has allowed me to catch up on some much needed projects.
Here's the latest one that I finished and sent to its rightful owner.

Apolemichtys arcuatus; the Bandit Angelfish.
Reclaimed wood with acrylics; 7.375"W by 6"H and 8.5"W by 6.75"H.
Reclaimed pallet board background; 14"W by 10.25"H.

200325 - BanditAngelfishPair.jpg
Love it!!!
 
Spending more time at home has allowed me to catch up on some much needed projects.
Here's the latest one that I finished and sent to its rightful owner.

Apolemichtys arcuatus; the Bandit Angelfish.
Reclaimed wood with acrylics; 7.375"W by 6"H and 8.5"W by 6.75"H.
Reclaimed pallet board background; 14"W by 10.25"H.

200325 - BanditAngelfishPair.jpg
Jason have you done a lineatus wrasse yet?
Would love to see one of those, maybe I'll have to be the one to order it??
 
Here's the latest piece that was delivered this week...

Pseudanthias bimaculatus; the Bimacultus Anthias.
Reclaimed birch with acrylics; 10"W by 4.625"H.
Reclaimed pallet board background; 13.25"W by 7.625"H.

1589494030174.png
 
Here's the latest piece that was delivered this week...

Pseudanthias bimaculatus; the Bimacultus Anthias.
Reclaimed birch with acrylics; 10"W by 4.625"H.
Reclaimed pallet board background; 13.25"W by 7.625"H.

1589494030174.png
In need to get one of these soon!!! Amazing as always.
 
Here's a new endeavor that I've been working on with my aquatic inspired art.

I recently purchased a Glowforge laser printer and have been creating a library of reef fish cut outs. I have over thirty species of reef fish drawn up so far with hundreds more planned.
The cutouts look good unfinished or painted with acrylic markers or acrylic paints.

The first species in the library was the Peppermint Angelfish, of course.
Medium draftboard; raw: 4"W.

200314 - PeppermintAngelfish-mdf.jpg

Here's a collection of cut outs that were colored in with acrylic paint markers.
I call this the "P. Sherman Collector's Pack. ;)
Medium draftboard; acrylic marker: 4"W to 7"W.

PShermanPack - painted.jpg

And this was a larger piece that was commissioned; a Four Eyed Butterflyfish.
Thick draftboard; acrylic paints: 8"W.

200516 - Chaetodoncapistratus - 8inch.jpg

Once I build up a large enough library, I'm planning to find an outlet for selling these online; as well as giving them as gifts in place of (or addition to) the fish cookies that I make already.

And I'm still working on more reclaimed wood paintings and other projects.
 
Very nice! How big can you make these?
The printable area is 11" by 19.5", but since I have the pro model I could technically print 19.5" to whatever. I have not tried using the laser for anything larger than what fits in a single print.
 
I've had these two angels sitting around long enough and I just wanted to paint them again.

Pair of Paracentropyge boylei; the Peppermint Angelfish.
Reclaimed wood with acrylics; 7.25"W by 5.5"H and 5.375"W by 4"H.
Reclaimed pallet board background painted and glazed; 14.25"W by 10.25"H.

200523 - PeppermintAngelfishPair.jpg
 
I do clay sculpture and acrylic paintings. I don't have many photos right now, neither do i have works of art themselves ;Dead But I'll make some and post them here soon enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new