Aquatic inspired art...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
I'd love to get Angus (damsel) done for my son, but it's cost prohibitive.
If you still want to get one done for him, I can draw one for you for free. I just need to know what type of damsel it is. I might be able to send the drawing to you, but I can definitely scan it and email that to you.
 
I cannot believe how busy this summer was, but I did manage to paint this pretty lady recently.
I have the male already cut out and sketched so when I get more free time, I'll paint him and put them together.

Genicanthus semifasciatus; the Japanese Masked Swallowtail Angelfish.
Reclaimed pallet boards with acrylics; 19"L by 9.75"H.

200904 - GanicanthusSemifasciatusFemale.jpg
 
I cannot believe how busy this summer was, but I did manage to paint this pretty lady recently.
I have the male already cut out and sketched so when I get more free time, I'll paint him and put them together.

Genicanthus semifasciatus; the Japanese Masked Swallowtail Angelfish.
Reclaimed pallet boards with acrylics; 19"L by 9.75"H.

200904 - GanicanthusSemifasciatusFemale.jpg

Excellent work! The eye and scales are amazing!
 
I have photos on the wall above my tank taken over the last 8 yrs..do they count ?. Only a few tho.

Sure they do!

...but only if you show us! :)
 
Having had the past couple of weeks off from work, I had the time to finish my third (fourth??) fish inspired artwork; the Australian Harlequin Tuskfish.

Reclaimed pallet boards with acrylics; 28"W by 15"H.
It should make for a dramatic display on my wall.
1900911 - HarlequinTuskfish2.jpg

And there's more fish species waiting for paint!
Do you sell your peices?
 
Here are some Christmas ornaments that my wife painted.
Very nice!!!
I was busy making some ornaments this weekend myself!
When my wife asked me how many species of fish I was planning to put oil the tree, I answered "Yes."

Pine - AnthiasHarem - tree.jpg Pine - RandallsGobyPair - tree.jpg Pine - HarlequinTuskfish - tree.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new