Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn’t see this question anywhere on the thread. In the online description of the fixtures it states that it has brackets for Kessil. In other versions online you see that it specific to the Kessil 360 model. My question is will the Kessil 160 fit in the bracket made for the 360 safely? If so, I’ll be ordering a couple of fixtures today.
Thanks.
That was talked about either in here or the other thread on this fixture. The 160 will not work with the Kessil bracket. I believe they plan to bring out a bracket for the 160 at a later date

cincyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my 48in Aquatic Life T5 / LED Hybrid today looking very forward to this light
emoji362.png

Did you order from BRS? Did they send you a shipping notification when they sent it?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Another thing that I thought off that might be a good addition, is having the ability to add more or additional T5 banks . To making like 6 T5 lamps and so on . Anyway it was just a idea thought I might let Aquatic Life know. As it is I am looking forward to receiving my 48in fixture . Thank you for listening I the consumers ;)
Are you thinking a 6 lamp T5 only or 6 lamp T5 with LED still? Just want to make sure.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The odd man out would be people alternating AI/Radions with Kessilss down the center wanting to run the larger brackets. The reason for doing so would be to take advantage of Kessils shimmer while getting AI/Radions ramp up and dimming abilities and random cloud effects w T5s all on one package.

Why chose when you can have it all?

I think I'll be fine just running them perpendicular.

The T5s will add their light on the far rear.
Thanks, that helps.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
How easy will ot be to mount the brackets to the back of the stand if your aquarium back is close to a wall?
It would not be easy. Some people in the past have mounted them to the sides of the stands but depending on the aquarium size and the fixture length the supports might need to be angled slightly toward the center.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I didn’t see this question anywhere on the thread. In the online description of the fixtures it states that it has brackets for Kessil. In other versions online you see that it specific to the Kessil 360 model. My question is will the Kessil 160 fit in the bracket made for the 360 safely? If so, I’ll be ordering a couple of fixtures today.
Thanks.
The Kessil brackets that are included are for the A360 brackets. The A160 brackets are in process and not ready yet, but are scheduled for the end of November, beginning of December.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would not be easy. Some people in the past have mounted them to the sides of the stands but depending on the aquarium size and the fixture length the supports might need to be angled slightly toward the center.
Thanks for the response, I am interested in this but will need to figure out mounting options.

Bobcantbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the 61 how much space is free in the center not counting end bars? Is it 59” or 60 or 61? Want to put 2 ap700 and 3 xr15 g4 or do I need to go with 2 700 and 1 xr30?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
on the 61 how much space is free in the center not counting end bars? Is it 59” or 60 or 61? Want to put 2 ap700 and 3 xr15 g4 or do I need to go with 2 700 and 1 xr30?
It will be a little shy of the 61" total, due to the end plates. I would go 60" total available.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking a 6 lamp T5 only or 6 lamp T5 with LED still? Just want to make sure.

I was thinking 6 lamp T5 and / LED still if possible. But a 6 lamp T5 only option would be another good option , for say people that may not want to run LEDs , or don’t have the budget to right away to do so.

Benjamin Smola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of these for a 72" long 125 gallon tank. Any thoughts? 48" probably not long enough. Really wish there was a 60" version. Maybe two 36" units side by side, any issues here? Also can the brackets that hang the LEDs be adjusted back and forth at different lengths?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back