Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got my mounting situation figured out with my old cross bar that I used a while ago. Have a minor setback which I’ll fix tomorrow though...

My lights use what I believe is a m6 bolt for mounting and it doesn’t quite fit through the brackets, barely there, maybe need 1mm more clearance. So I’m going to drill through and widen the channel a tiny bit.

We will be operational tomorrow!

Mac Galinato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
What program do you run on the Ecotechs and what intensity? Im about to install the 48 in unit with two xr30s on a 48in 90 gal. Ty
Hey man!

The radions are on a 9hr photoperiod with 3hrs total ramp up & down. Max intensity is 35% using a tweaked AB+ schedule with all blue channels running at 90% instead of 100%. I lowered blues down because I’m running 2 B+ bulbs and 2 true actinics for the T5s. T5s run for 5.5 hours.

The fixture is mounted 10inches above the water line. At peak, this setup is giving me 400par at the top most corals - around 8in below the water line. Bottom par is around 220ish in the middle and around 130-150 on the sides.

Hope the info helps :)

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first time mounting a hanging light kit. Do you just cut off the excess cable that you don't need? I feel like I would have to mount these extremely high to use all 3' of cable.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first time mounting a hanging light kit. Do you just cut off the excess cable that you don't need? I feel like I would have to mount these extremely high to use all 3' of cable.

Cut off what you don't need they give you long cable cause they don't know mounting situation people have.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have picture of a 60" over a 72" tank??? Was going to go with a canopy over my 72" tank but this could be an option... Just concerned with the visual look and light spill.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think two of the 48" with 4 Kessil 360's would be sufficient for a 90" x 30" x 30" mixed reef setup?

Thank you

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think two of the 48" with 4 Kessil 360's would be sufficient for a 90" x 30" x 30" mixed reef setup?

Thank you
"90" x 30" x 30" mixed reef" ..... That there's a biggin, best to post in the lighting forum GL .....@saltyfilmfolks

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a 48" today but the endplates don't fit or rather one does but the other has no way to attach. Has anyone else had this issue?
image1.jpeg

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like mine what end does not fit
edit ok i see it now, its a bad bracket , look at the center wire cutouts, it got flipped during the stamping/machining prossess
@AquaticLifeProducts

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I just received a 48" today but the endplates don't fit or rather one does but the other has no way to attach. Has anyone else had this issue?
image1.jpeg

Please let us know what you are having problems with, will be glad to help. The end plates are both the same and the ballast channels should be positioned toward the front and back of the setup.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
It looks like mine what end does not fit
edit ok i see it now, its a bad bracket , look at the center wire cutouts, it got flipped during the stamping/machining prossess
@AquaticLifeProducts

We just talked and I see what Siggy and the customer are saying. New plate is on its way.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back