Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank mounts are those in pic? The halo tank mounts? I want something sleek looking to mount these , would be the 48” version.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I only have the front half on... since I have a bad bulb getting replaced for the rear. Tank looks AWESOME though...
my WWC order that came today also is beyond ridiculous.

wwc1.jpg

al tank.jpg

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to lie the fixture brackets that keep the light together are horrible ! They don’t line up I also have a peninsula and did not realize cords have to come out on each opposite side !

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a little drilling you can modify one end of the bracket to match and have it both in one sure

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were straight and lined up just fine. I believe one of the reasons the cord comes out opposite ends/sides is to even out the weight distribution or else it would tilt/lean more towards the one side.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were straight and lined up just fine. I believe one of the reasons the cord comes out opposite ends/sides is to even out the weight distribution or else it would tilt/lean more towards the one side.

Nothing a little tug on one end of the hanging kit will help

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yeah, just spoke to aquatic life and amazing service!
Did not realize the power cords where on opposite sides oops.
Their service really is great. Other than they won't sell me the fixture widening brackets yet. :confused:

I've never seen a first manufacturing run of anything in this limited quantity go well, and this product is no exception. Lots of issues, like mine didn't come with the longer screws to attach the side brackets. These issues are to be expected. Normally, companies struggle to fix these issues and hide. Aquatic Life has been well prepared to address all the issues I have heard of. Top notch.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone thought of using square channel nuts to direct attach the fixture to some type of arm mount? I'm trying to make this work in a space without a lot of head room, without removing an overhead cupboard. One of the guys at work does metalwork on the side and I could get some nice brackets made up, but trying to find the best way to attach them.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why you couldn't sandwich the Aquatic Life bracket in between the radion and RMS slide. Might need to pick up longer screws, but that's real easy with a couple ACE hardware stores nearby. I plan on trying it out, I'll pick up the aquatic life T5 hybrid as soon as my budget allows and will report back here if it works or not.

Tried it. Didn't work. The necks of the RMS won't clear the Aquatic Life unit. Just ceiling hanging it. Considering a 48" unit for my living room tank, but will need to rig up a stand of some sort for the lighting. 10.5' ceilings don't seem compatible with hanging these, not to mention I don't love having wires coming down.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried it. Didn't work. The necks of the RMS won't clear the Aquatic Life unit. Just ceiling hanging it. Considering a 48" unit for my living room tank, but will need to rig up a stand of some sort for the lighting. 10.5' ceilings don't seem compatible with hanging these, not to mention I don't love having wires coming down.
To be more specific, I tried to see if I could hang my 36" fixture aligned so that my two standard RMS arms (attached to the back of the tank) would sit with the Radions in the correct space. The back half of the Aquatic Life fixture would not clear the curve of the RMS. Might work on a rail spanning the width of the tank provided adequate clearance space on the ends.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.7%
Back