Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my hybrid yesterday. 24" 4x24 watt t5(2 KZ Super Blue, 1 ATI Coral Plus, 1 ATI Actinic)

The led panel I use(HME Block2) had mounting screw holes that suspended the led panel. The holes matched perfectly to the screws included with the Hybrid kit. I was able to mount so the led was flush on both top and bottom, so the unit actually looks like it was made professionally. The lights put out more light than expected, so adjustments to the led program were made, and all whites cut completely.

Note to Aquatic Life: FWIW, I think the suspension kit could use some improvement, otherwise, you guys have a home run here, assuming the light holds up. I was able to use my old suspension kit for mounting, so no worries. Looking forward to the best of both worlds in lighting, great job @AquaticLifeProducts

IMG_8987.jpg

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the one they supplied works fine.
What hanging kit you use ?

Got my hybrid yesterday. 24" 4x24 watt t5(2 KZ Super Blue, 1 ATI Coral Plus, 1 ATI Actinic)

The led panel I use(HME Block2) had mounting screw holes that suspended the led panel. The holes matched perfectly to the screws included with the Hybrid kit. I was able to mount so the led was flush on both top and bottom, so the unit actually looks like it was made professionally. The lights put out more light than expected, so adjustments to the led program were made, and all whites cut completely.

Note to Aquatic Life: FWIW, I think the suspension kit could use some improvement, otherwise, you guys have a home run here, assuming the light holds up. I was able to use my old suspension kit for mounting, so no worries. Looking forward to the best of both worlds in lighting, great job @AquaticLifeProducts

IMG_8987.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the one they supplied works fine.
What hanging kit you use ?
I used the hanging kit that came with the unit, but the ceiling mounts were from my LED suspension kit. It worked out, I am just used to seeing ceiling mounts with hanging kits, that would have been a nice finish to what is turning out to be pretty cool setup :)

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What height are people mounting these above their tanks ? Mine is coming in next week and I'm using it with two kessil a360we's my kessil lights are currently only about 8 in off the water line.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What height are people mounting these above their tanks ? Mine is coming in next week and I'm using it with two kessil a360we's my kessil lights are currently only about 8 in off the water line.

Mines about 8 inches above tank.

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys... Now my next question is are you guys adjusting your spectrum on your LEDs when you put the T5s up ? I have a friend who has the same setup I do two kessil A360WE's with the hybrid fixture over a 75 and since he added the T5s he's only using the blue Spectrum on the LEDs. LED comes on first and ramps up to 50% all blue over an hour then the T5s come on for 6 hours then he has the blue LEDs ramp down to nothing over the next 3 hours for a total of 10 hours of light....

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8" for me, that's what I saw recommended in BRS's video spotlight on the fixture so that's what I went with.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah! My light was delivered last Friday and I got to spend the weekend fabricating and installing. The wife didn't like the idea of hanging the light from the ceiling so I came up with a mounting system that would please both of us. I thought I would share.

The finished pic first...
06d0c3c434c4aa74d38ecfed416c724b.jpg

I used a 1/2" black iron pipe flange and mounted it to a 1x4 cut square. I cut the pipe to the right size and eyelets were installed by drilling and tapping holes on the bottom part of the pipe.
9cbfb7fc74e469f1ae0b368b67c0b4d5.jpg

I painted the flange, pipe, and wood block with rustoleum flat black enamel. After drying for 24 hours I mounted the block to the wall. I was only able to get one stud when centering. I had to use a toggle bolt to attach the other mount.
e7cd2147172f8aa31b7af06cd5eaeabf.jpg

Now all that's left is a little cable management and it'll be complete.

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed aquatic life and they told me they have a tank mount in production that should come out in two months

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That DIY mounting setup looks good!

In other news my replacement bulb showed up yesterday; tomorrow will probably be the first day running all 4 bulbs on the fixture. I'll probably start with ~3 hours of light to not overdo it.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That DIY mounting setup looks good!

In other news my replacement bulb showed up yesterday; tomorrow will probably be the first day running all 4 bulbs on the fixture. I'll probably start with ~3 hours of light to not overdo it.
Thanks. What bulbs are you running? I run 2 blue+, 1 purple+, & 1 actinic. Not a whole lot of blue like I wanted so I may have to max out the blue on the kessil.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 B+ 2 Actinic.

I also though B+ T5 bulbs were a lot more "blue" than they look... I guess I am used to how pronounced blue LED's are.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I emailed aquatic life and they told me they have a tank mount in production that should come out in two months

Hi, I just to clarify this mount will attach to the stand and suspend the fixture over the aquarium. It will not rest on the aquarium itself.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 70 28.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back