Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Darth George

View Badges
Reaction score
East of the West Coast, West of the East Coast.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little cable management on the back and I'm all set!

20180131_185012.jpg

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine all set up and love it !!! Went with 2 purple Plus and 2 Blue Plus bulbs. I like my kessils but there was so much shadowing. The tank looks way more clear, more crisp, colors on all the fish look better and brighter, and most importantly I'm getting late and all those areas I couldn't before...
c1d8f31c72a1911a13b15eb63283b8e2.jpg

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine all set up and love it !!! Went with 2 purple Plus and 2 Blue Plus bulbs. I like my kessils but there was so much shadowing. The tank looks way more clear, more crisp, colors on all the fish look better and brighter, and most importantly I'm getting late and all those areas I couldn't before...
c1d8f31c72a1911a13b15eb63283b8e2.jpg
I've seen a lot of people say things about Cable Management being an issue and I guess if you're not handy I can see why but a few cable ties and some tinkering and I'm really happy with the way it came out it looks very clean. In my opinion this is something you have to deal with whenever you're hanging a light from the ceiling. This being an aftermarket option to Mount Your existing LEDs into you have to go into it understanding that you're going to have to figure out how to make it look neat on your own and how to get it balanced right. It took me about an hour and a half to get it how I like it

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seriously considering using a Multi-light RMS Track for three XR30s and a 48” Aquatic Life fixture.

I think there is a way to fasten the hanging wires to some sort of channel nut type fastener in the Center groove. As long as the RMS bends clear the T5 unit. I’d use the RMS slides on the Radions for additional support.

Am I nuts?

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seriously considering using a Multi-light RMS Track for three XR30s and a 48” Aquatic Life fixture.

I think there is a way to fasten the hanging wires to some sort of channel nut type fastener in the Center groove. As long as the RMS bends clear the T5 unit. I’d use the RMS slides on the Radions for additional support.

Am I nuts?

The radions as no support so attaching it to the radions is useless. Basically the radions just sits in the groove the hybrid provide there is no added support.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at ceiling mounts, can we adjust the height of the “y”? I don’t have a lot of room between the ceiling and top of the tank and it looks as if there is a lot of space between the top of fixture and and the two mount wires join into the single ceiling mount.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you tested par with your LEDs off ? If so what are your values ?

Haven’t yet but plan to, my SPS so far are happy so whatever the numbers are all is good. I’m not one to “chase” settings and parameters so if everything is visually looking good I’m not messing with it.

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t yet but plan to, my SPS so far are happy so whatever the numbers are all is good. I’m not one to “chase” settings and parameters so if everything is visually looking good I’m not messing with it.
What LEDs are you using and did you adjust your settings after adding the T-5's ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back