Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really wanting to add this to my RS Reefer 170 with my Hydra 26 HD. Just needing to figure how I am gonna hang it.. I already have a AI hanging arm but dont think it will support it.. Hmmm haha
Love these things so far from what I have read though.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case your Reefer is white, we will have the white versions in about 30 days +/-.

Wish I would have known that... I just bought one and it was delivered yesterday. Any possibility of exchanging for a white version? Im in no rush for setting up lights, tank is still cycling... please let me know! I knew I should have just waited
IMG_2670.JPG

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no direct-mount kit as of right now, just the hanging solution. Some of us have DIY'd with things like 80/20, or in my case, under-mounting it to a cabinet.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the verge of buying one but I’m not a fan of the hanging kit and I don’t have enough room to mount the 80/20’s on the back of my tank so I’m not too sure what to do

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the Universal fixture hangers that mount to the aquarium stands, but not real easy, unless its a new setup. Take a look at the link below. I mounted my universal fixture mounts to my wall.

https://www.aquaticlife.com/aquatic-life-universal-hybrid-fixture-hanger.html?___SID=U

Yeah I have about 5” in between my stand and my wall so doing anything like that won’t work unfortunately. I’d have to do something from the sides maybe. Here’s a pic of my setup, old picture but you get the idea
28b907dc7430848c4800a8dbc348ddde.jpg

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
That would be tough. The problem with legs has been the height required to lift the LED, keep the legs adjustable and keep the entire unit stable as to not drop into the water.

Have you considered a nice shelf above the tank that you could attach the suspension wires too? This way you could still adjust and not have to go to the ceiling?

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen one hung via the Giesemann wall brackets somewhere, though you will have to make sure they're anchored into studs, not just drywall. Mine is attached to an Ikea Kallax that is bolted into 3/4 plywood that is bolted onto studs. Mine is also off the wall about 10" since the shelf ocupies an area that used to house framed pictures, so it's 6" inset against the rest of the wall. Kind of a unique situation, but I'm happy so far. Waiting on some family hardware before I can mill some new profiles and get the functionality I designed into it (sliding back, etc). It would look a lot better without the Kessils, they're kind of an eyesore and create a lot of cabling.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looks very nice!! I think I’ll steal the idea and see what I can come up with lol

Where do you find the sliding track?

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just use wall brackets from Home Depot. All depends how fancy you want to get.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's made from 1" and 1-1/2" aluminum angle profile you can buy at home depot, etc. Doesn't slide, just direct bolted for now. I have to machine a slot in the larger 1-1/2" one so the 1" the fixture is directly attached to can slide back for easier maintenance (though it will require me to remove all the A160's, easy though). Attaching the fixture is the tough part, had to source some M5 thumb nuts and suspend them in the profile as the default threads on the included hanging kit T-slot screws are rather short. I'm not sure if Dave wants me to expand on that or not, but there are ways to get around it. If the hinted support for 210mm items (that will fit a blackbox) comes then I'll be doing the same thing to mount lighting over my frag tank. It has the exact same cabinet over it.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back