Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Any pictures of people wiring up their fixtures? Looking for the best way to hide the wires along the back side of the fixture. The sides I've already used the included clips.

I will be posting the new decor end plates for the fixtures later today, I hope. They will be an accessory that can be added to any of the fixtures and will be available in 16", 18" or the 24" version. They attach to the ends of the fixture and have two channels that you can route the fixture power cords and the LED fixture cords through.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be posting the new decor end plates for the fixtures later today, I hope. They will be an accessory that can be added to any of the fixtures and will be available in 16", 18" or the 24" version. They attach to the ends of the fixture and have two channels that you can route the fixture power cords and the LED fixture cords through.

Please bring to the show on the weekend!

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right around 12 pounds.
I ordered the end plates yesterday, will be getting the 48 inch fixture this week. Any reason they can’t mount to 2 of these? They support 20lbs each and will be in a stud. 17 inches is dead center of my tank

7667FC1E-6C9A-468F-BD7B-81B57591E775.png

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I ordered the end plates yesterday, will be getting the 48 inch fixture this week. Any reason they can’t mount to 2 of these? They support 20lbs each and will be in a stud. 17 inches is dead center of my tank

7667FC1E-6C9A-468F-BD7B-81B57591E775.png

It looks like it will be perfect!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Getting ready to buy the 36” I’ll definitely be getting the end caps..

RR

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was talking more about the backside of the fixture, not the left & right where these new pieces go. I need to get the power cables to wrap around the backside & come together to go down my mounts.

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you would give an option for lunar lighting, I run kessils and AP700
on 3 different tanks with the kessil controller and I can’t really dim the lighting to create the lunar lighting effect.

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs the 24" brackets and end plates, so probably not many.

I wish there was just a slightly larger bracket instead of going 24". It would fit my Mitras flush and you wouldn't need much more for most black boxes as well I'd guess.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I was talking more about the backside of the fixture, not the left & right where these new pieces go. I need to get the power cables to wrap around the backside & come together to go down my mounts.

I have an idea that might work. Thanks for the suggestion. Now going to see how to get it made.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're at all inclined to modding, it's not very involved to re-route the wiring and even combine the ballasts to a single power delivery cord.

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. It is already hung. I have 2 support brackets on the back of tank (80/20) that support the light, they are about 8" in from the edges & I'm just trying to figure out how to mount the wires along the back side of the fixture. There are no screw holes like on the sides for the wire clips. MY LED wires are kind of in the same boat, but I can lay them down across the top & zip tie them.

IMG_0548.jpg

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get it up another inch after the picture leaving my lights 8.5 inches off the water. Initial impressions is it is well made, the ability to move the hanging wires was great for me! I like the side cord covers as well but it was kinda tricky getting the screws in.

897B64D9-8BEF-45A1-B7F3-10014C73C03A.jpeg

A7CF866F-37D4-4807-9A5C-86C135829474.jpeg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was just a slightly larger bracket instead of going 24". It would fit my Mitras flush and you wouldn't need much more for most black boxes as well I'd guess.
Agreed, it would be nice to see something before the 24", a 20" would be perfect as it would give 9-1/4" clearance with black-boxes being 8-1/4" wide. Honestly I was surprised to see the 16" made, but only Aquaticlife can really decide if potential sales would be worth-while vs an ever-expanding SKU family requirement. I have to think there is a market though for black-box based systems out there that are thinking about jumping on the T5 hybrid ship too.

Maybe they'll surprise us.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Just wanted to let you know we are working on a solution to use the Hybrids with the Mitras. It would increase the center space to 210mm, while the Mitras would need 200mm.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back