Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest addition for this version will be the new decorative end caps. It will cover the wires on the ends of the fixture. With being all white, we will not be including the Kessil brackets as the Kessil are not available in white. So only the universal LED brackets will be included.

The unit I will have in NY will be a black model with the new accessory decorative end plates. Plus the fixture hangers that mount to the aquarium stand.

Just to make sure I'm following along, the Kessil brackets are not available in the decorative all white version. However the original black version will still contain Kessil brackets?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes that is correct, black version will still include the Kessil round brackets. The black version will also have available for purchase the decorative end covers soon. Less than a month.

If you wanted to add the black Kessil round brackets to the white version the brackets from the black version will fit, they would just be purchased separately.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use 2x61"units over deep tanks,like 36" front to back? My tank 72x36x24 ,looking for full coverage since i have 90% of SPS..

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a new aquatic hybrid with 4 new ATI bulb from BRS, i use 2 blue plus 1 coral and 1 actinic. When i pair blue plus with actinic and plus it in, it light up and then gone so i change 2 blue plus together and they light up. I wonder if that cause of the bulb or the light fixture. Also there a problem with blue and coral too while one blue and coral light up but other blue and coral doesn’t. I know it a bit confusing, I don’t really what i did wrong now.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a new aquatic hybrid with 4 new ATI bulb from BRS, i use 2 blue plus 1 coral and 1 actinic. When i pair blue plus with actinic and plus it in, it light up and then gone so i change 2 blue plus together and they light up. I wonder if that cause of the bulb or the light fixture. Also there a problem with blue and coral too while one blue and coral light up but other blue and coral doesn’t. I know it a bit confusing, I don’t really what i did wrong now.
edit: did a wire come loose from a socket

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

I don't think you did anything wrong. Just to make sure I understand.

blue plus #1 and actinic are not OK
blue plus #1 and blue plus #2 are OK
blue plus #? and coral are not OK
blue plus#? and coral are OK

It looks like one blue plus could be the problem. The HEP ballast have "end of life protection" if one lamp is bad or possibly going bad the lamps will flash and then turn off. This is a protection function to stop bad things from happening.

I would suggest marking the ends of the Blue Plus lamps with a sharpie #1 and #2 to see if one lamp in particular is the on that is causing the problem.

Please let me know.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on what colour profile you want, check out some of the tanks on youtube running the fixture. While it won't come across 100%, it can give you an idea. I will say be prepared for the T5's to be visually a lot brighter than you may have thought they would be.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what bulbs would you recomed with a 48" fixture with 3 Kessil 360 we
There are two combinations I'd recommend
1st:
2 ATI Blue+
1 Purple+
1 Coral+

2nd: (the one i'm currently running with my AP700)
2 ATI Blue+
2 Actinic

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on what colour profile you want, check out some of the tanks on youtube running the fixture. While it won't come across 100%, it can give you an idea. I will say be prepared for the T5's to be visually a lot brighter than you may have thought they would be.

100% correct. I was pleasantly surprised how much brighter the fixture along with the kessil 160's were.

There are two combinations I'd recommend
1st:
2 ATI Blue+
1 Purple+
1 Coral+

2nd: (the one i'm currently running with my AP700)
2 ATI Blue+
2 Actinic

I am doing
Blue+
Coral+
Actinic
Blue+

I plan to try the above combinations.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I'm changing my B+ / A / A / B+ to B+ / C+ / A / B+ to see what visual change it makes.
100% correct. I was pleasantly surprised how much brighter the fixture along with the kessil 160's were.

I am doing
Blue+
Coral+
Actinic
Blue+

I plan to try the above combinations.
I think with the 160's the LED's are basically equal to, if not now the supplement to the T5's. Very blanket bright, but I think the best part is it toned down the Kessil shimmer just enough to be as close to 100% perfect as I could have hoped.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very blanket bright, but I think the best part is it toned down the Kessil shimmer just enough to be as close to 100% perfect as I could have hoped.

I have the same opinion. After seeing the kessils with T5's the shimmer is much better and not nearly as strong.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so how to run them with your kessils as far as time on
10 hour cycle, kessils come on and ramp up for 1 hour then the t5s kick on and stay on for 8 hours, then t5s turn off and kessils ramp down to off for 1 hour.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all of you running them with the Kessil 360 or a different Kessil?

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5A714CA0-518D-401D-A9FC-756019229CAA.png
This is how mine are set
E7527C33-FF9A-481C-9DBC-8A6AE992A533.png
4B9F047B-02FB-4490-AF4F-991DBE225513.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back