Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
A Dual lamp model would be awesome

We are working on a 13" narrow version that would keep the four lamps and allow the user to use A160 and a 16" version that would allow the A360 and or the AI Prime.

We have looked into the dual lamp and there is not really any savings as we still would need to use two ballast. So we figured keep the lamps and narrow the center.

What LED would you like to use or are you using?

Last edited:

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are working on a 12" narrow version that would keep the four lamps and allow the user to use A160 and a 16" version that would allow the A360 and or the AI Prime.

We have looked into the dual lamp and there is not really any savings as we still would need to use two ballast. So we figured keep the lamps and narrow the center.

What LED would you like to use or are you using?

A single Kessil A360. I can always use two lamps out of the four .

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this fixture just needs the t5 bulbs and leds added right? I like the idea. I wonder if it will work with 16" sb reef lights or black boxes.....?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
So this fixture just needs the t5 bulbs and leds added right? I like the idea. I wonder if it will work with 16" sb reef lights or black boxes.....?
Just needs to have top mounting and fit within the width of the opening. The original 18" has a little over 7" now but the new end plates and LED mounting bracket will have a space around 12.25".

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I pre-ordered the 48 inch version from BulkReefSupply.

I was about to order some aluminum to make a DIY rack for my Red Sea Reefer 350 which is a rimless aquarium when @pelphrey sent me an article about this fixture. I'm glad he did and I can't wait to get it.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I pre-ordered the 48 inch version from BulkReefSupply.

I was about to order some aluminum to make a DIY rack for my Red Sea Reefer 350 which is a rimless aquarium when @pelphrey sent me an article about this fixture. I'm glad he did and I can't wait to get it.
Thank you. Let us know if you have any questions.

sharkdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish you would have done 4 bulb ballast with only one power cord. Makes for less plugs overall. With Radion XR15w's I will be using those for the dawn and dusk parts of the cycle and have no need to power just the front or back T5 units separately.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really wish you would have done 4 bulb ballast with only one power cord. Makes for less plugs overall. With Radion XR15w's I will be using those for the dawn and dusk parts of the cycle and have no need to power just the front or back T5 units separately.
And where do they run all the wiring for that?

sharkdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And where do they run all the wiring for that?
Hallow the side brackets (square ones). I was going to make my own with square or U track pieces before I saw this one and that is essentially what I was going to do. However, I was going to put the ballast in the cabinet since it would be a retrofit job.

Alvin Alejandro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best way to hang this if the hanging bracket aren’t available without having to hang them from a ceiling.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What would be the best way to hang this if the hanging bracket aren’t available without having to hang them from a ceiling.
Conduit piping attached to your stand. You just need the pipe and a bender.
6bc1ecd4464d1f320280975e95fde184.jpg
cfeb9eabd41a16697a174dd9ee854d78.jpg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back