Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t expect it until after October . The Chinese manufacturers will be on national holidays for 2 weeks .

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We are and I will have a unit on display. I will be there Sunday and Mike will be there Saturday.

We are looking looking to ship the week of 10/23. I know several vendors are now taking pre-orders for the fixtures.

Hope to see you at RAP.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Is there mounting plates for the Kessil 160's?
We do not have the round bracket for the 160's just the 360's. The universal brackets would allow you to mount if there is a top mounting screw but the 160 would be below the T5 some. We will keep this in mind as we are considering a 2 lamp system and maybe we should look at punching a smaller hole into the current bracket for the 160's.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that would be great if you can offer different size brackets. I would definitely buy one if there were brackets to accommodate the 160's I have, love the clean look of the fixture.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Thank you, that would be great if you can offer different size brackets. I would definitely buy one if there were brackets to accommodate the 160's I have, love the clean look of the fixture.
What is the front to back dimensions of your aquarium? Trying to gauge the width of a dual single lamp fixture. The Radion width really make the mounting wide and if most people are using a AI or Kessil we could narrow the fixture to fit 13" wide aquariums.

BrewPug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not have the round bracket for the 160's just the 360's. The universal brackets would allow you to mount if there is a top mounting screw but the 160 would be below the T5 some. We will keep this in mind as we are considering a 2 lamp system and maybe we should look at punching a smaller hole into the current bracket for the 160's.

I'm curious about how a 2 lamp system would narrow the footprint. My tank is 18" deep (meaning front to back). I believe the specs on the 4 bulb units you're about to deliver are roughly 20", so I'm a little concerned about spillover light. Have you tested the current model on a 18" deep tank? If so, what did you observe? Thanks.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I'm curious about how a 2 lamp system would narrow the footprint. My tank is 18" deep (meaning front to back). I believe the specs on the 4 bulb units you're about to deliver are roughly 20", so I'm a little concerned about spillover light. Have you tested the current model on a 18" deep tank? If so, what did you observe? Thanks.
We would be able to eliminate a lamp in each fixture to narrow the fixture down about 1.5" in the front and the 1.5" from the back, plus we are considering dropping the center width from around 7.25" to 5.25". Dropping the front to back dimension to around 13.0".

Since the overall width of the current fixture is right around 18", and each ballast compartment is 1.75" for the front and 1.75" for the back, the overall lighting area on the four lamp is around 14.5" including the LED section.

Several people have used it and we have had it at a few shows and the light spillover is minimal. It also depends on the height the fixture is placed.

How high are you LED placed over the aquarium?

BrewPug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setting this tank up, so have not decided on LED height yet. Was originally planning on building a canopy to house 2 XR15s and then retrofit a T5 on either side of them. But, your design really caught my eye. It's a great concept and I bet they sell really well.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Just setting this tank up, so have not decided on LED height yet. Was originally planning on building a canopy to house 2 XR15s and then retrofit a T5 on either side of them. But, your design really caught my eye. It's a great concept and I bet they sell really well.
Thank you! I will let everyone know if we produce the single lamp housing. I would be interested in knowing which LED you go with as this is a factor in the narrower fixture design.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I'm planning too.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back