Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I'd love to see some better tank mount brackets that don't cost $150. For what they are, the price is insulting. I'd also like to see some adjustment in overall width be possible so if you are using smaller lights in the center, you can reduce the gap between the two T5 units.

The new wall mount bracket pair has a target of $99.00 - $119.00. We are not ready to make a tank mount as the possibilities of damage to the aquarium is too high. The other dilemma has been the varying lengths of aquariums, it requires that the legs can slide the length of the fixture. To do that plus keep the LED 6 " to 8" above the aquarium...….. Just too much movement for us.

The wall mount will allow you to extend the light 3.75" off the wall and adjust the height of the fixture after mounted. It will also tilt up if needed.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I'd also like to know if the new version will have a non dimmable version?

Will there be a 61 inch option or is 48 the biggest offered? Would suck for bigger tanks ... 65 inch +

Possible on the non dimming 61" version of this housing. HEP does not have an 80 watt dimming ballast.

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be buying the 61" unit for my 180 gallon which is 67" long.

I'm torn between running four XR15s or four A360we. I dont think the 360x is worth the extra money, especially with you being able to pick up some used 360we for $225ish.

Any input? In my experience the kessils are great for LPS but struggle to maintain SPS. Wierd thing is... they can achieve the par, just dont provide good growth.

Khalifa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted 61” or higher Dimmable version, but it seems from my research that’s the biggest is 48”..

Khalifa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted 61” or higher Dimmable version, but it seems from my research that’s the biggest is 48”..

Raxnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure it should take that long. They are in production now so middle of May is my expectation.

Its good to hear the positive results of the fixture combined with LED, I just helped set one up at a local store and they already like the results, coral color, increased growth and the look of the aquarium. He is using AI Hydra 26 with a blue plus and purple plus in both T5 fixtures.

Amazing! I would love to know the Light Program they are using along with the T5's. Any chance that could be obtained? I have the Reefer 250 with 2 x Hydra 26's.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this newer style fixture come out in a non-dimmable option?? i like the look better then the old one...

We

It is under review. The dimmable housing will not be adjustable in width like the existing Hybrid and will be released as an 18" model to start.

Thanks for asking it helps us know if people would be interested in this as an option.
Hello Dave, Nice looking fixture! I was one of the masses requesting the dimming option but after using one for over a year
I would purchase a standard ballast now you have the the new wiring in place. BTW Im setting up a new red sea and am considering a new fixture. Is the 48" black going to be available soon?
EDIT: will the new light hide radions?..I guess im asking for the profile height.

Last edited:

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys, I really like aquatic life hybrid fixture. I would love to take one for my reef by combining it with radion; however, I have seen around that it cannot give the same par of an ati sunpower or powermodue (4 t5) with the same tubes ... this scares me a lot ... someone can explain to me why with the same t5 neon ati sunpower or powermodule give more par than aquatic life hybrid fixture?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys, I really like aquatic life hybrid fixture. I would love to take one for my reef by combining it with radion; however, I have seen around that it cannot give the same par of an ati sunpower or powermodue (4 t5) with the same tubes ... this scares me a lot ... someone can explain to me why with the same t5 neon ati sunpower or powermodule give more par than aquatic life hybrid fixture?
that sounds like a sales pitch, ATI does use a very high quality reflector and has a cooling fan but the gain is not all that much. I dont know much about the Led's they use,

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sounds like a sales pitch, ATI does use a very high quality reflector and has a cooling fan but the gain is not all that much. I dont know much about the Led's they use,

Sounds like a fair question to me. Not a sales pitch at all. The reason an ATI 4 bulb T5 outputs higher PAR than the aquatic life is due to the ATI using a better reflector and also controlling the temperature through the use of the cover and fans which runs the bulbs at their peak operating temp giving them their best output. AquaticLife knows this, they did extensive testing on ATI and Current fixtures while doing R&D for their own T5 fixtures. I used to work with an Aquatic Life sales rep and he told me the put out more PAR then current but less than ATI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the correct working temperature of a t5 neon and your own ballast?
if aquatic life has studied the ati, why has not inserted good fans and reflectors like those ati? has anyone ever tried to change reflectors and mount fans on aquatic life?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI does use a very high quality reflector and has a cooling fan but the gain is not all that much.
Not a sales pitch at all dummy.
ATI using a better reflector and also controlling the temperature through the use of the cover and fans
Well I see you are unable to fully comprehend what you read, maybe you can share the Par advantage from one to the other since you are an expert on the subject.

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I see you are unable to fully comprehend what you read, maybe you can share the Par advantage from one to the other since you are an expert on the subject.

sorry but I don't understand English well; can you explain yourself better? you said that the gain is not so much but in another post I read that it is not so little ... look at these figures; what do you think about it? having good fans helps extend the life of the t5 and their performance, isn't it?
ef156d7509725d273fc0bcdc0b808086.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the correct working temperature of a t5 neon and your own ballast?
if aquatic life has studied the ati, why has not inserted good fans and reflectors like those ati? has anyone ever tried to change reflectors and mount fans on aquatic life?

The original idea was to just increase the light coverage, get rid of the shadowing and allow the user to use our hardware for mounting their LED, saving on the LED mounts.
@Peppe If you look at the the dementions of both fixtures using 4 t5 bulbs, the ati fixture is 12" wide and the various Hybrids are 18" or 24" to cover the entire tank with light. Concentrating all that illumination into small area
would give you a higher par reading directly under the fixture.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry but I don't understand English well; can you explain yourself better?
@Peppe this ^^^^^^^was directed to the other person. Peppe ATI is a very good light-Yes. The Hybrid was created to ADD to Led you have already.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back