Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tvpham93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimmable light is on the aquatic life website, it says that it's not available until June, is that true?

Hairmetal89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if addressed already but at some point in this thread the rep indicated there was a "bracket hard mount" in the works to avoid the cable. I have an AP700 and want to put with this AL 48'' fixture, but inside my canopy... I can't accommodate height needed for cable.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Brs said the new fixture will not come in 60" due to no ballast being able to dim 60" bulbs. I'm not interested in dimmable ballast but would like the new fixture in 60". What's the chances of a nondimmable 60" version?

It is being considered now. The new housing is fully assembled and we can do a few different things with it, just not sure what people would want.

We can split the lamps like we did on the dimmable, one lamp back and one lamp front, the other two inner middle. We could do one power cord but would it be better to have two so you could run one lamp in the front and one in the back? So many choices. Please feel free to let us know what you would want us to do.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Any update on when the wall mount might be released? The second it’s released, I’ll be ordering a 48in unit to put on my reefer
The wall mount will be shipping with the dimmable at the same time. Its moving along. They will be available in black and white versions. Plus if needed you could paint them the wall color and the mount should disappear...….

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I apologize if addressed already but at some point in this thread the rep indicated there was a "bracket hard mount" in the works to avoid the cable. I have an AP700 and want to put with this AL 48'' fixture, but inside my canopy... I can't accommodate height needed for cable.

Take a look at page 71 in the thread. Is that more of what you are thinking for mounting to a canopy? This way there is no need for the suspension wire. It looks solid and with them both being aluminum should be good to go.

Let me know if you meant something else.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Tr
The dimmable light is on the aquatic life website, it says that it's not available until June, is that true?

We changed the shipping box last minute so they are close. We should have them sooner but getting them into resellers hands adds some time too. Sorry everyone..

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is being considered now. The new housing is fully assembled and we can do a few different things with it, just not sure what people would want.

We can split the lamps like we did on the dimmable, one lamp back and one lamp front, the other two inner middle. We could do one power cord but would it be better to have two so you could run one lamp in the front and one in the back? So many choices. Please feel free to let us know what you would want us to do.

Personally I just want one cord. Not worried about dimmable or what bulbs come on together. With only 4 bulbs I don't see a big need for 2 on at a time.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I just want one cord. Not worried about dimmable or what bulbs come on together. With only 4 bulbs I don't see a big need for 2 on at a time.
Both of my units are modded to a single cord, I have zero regrets.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Is there an update on when the upgrades to the original will be available

We are still working on the details of what we should include. Some people are more DIY than others.

The dimmable ballast uses an additional wire to control one side of the lamps. So it could be something that the series wire between the yellow sockets is cut and the brown wire is spliced into. This would require some wiring and some tools. We are also looking at a complete assembly, new sockets wired to the ballast, new small fixture endplates, power cord installed and a new larger bracket for the ends to allow for the 0 - 10 V control wires. Leaning more toward the complete assembly to make sure it works for all.

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Special delivery.... Unfortunately there is a chunk missing out of the box... dang UPS. Scratched up and bent the frame of the fixture. Sux...

20190518_124320.jpg

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many cords does the new dimmable fixture have? I was disappointed to discover my AquaticLife hybrid fixture had two cords. This made cord management more challenging and didn't make for a sleek, polished look like I'd expected. All the stray cords and having to assemble it myself seemed like a downgrade from my very cheap hydroponic T5 light.

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to offer a non-hanging mounting fixture compatible with peninsula style tanks?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
How many cords does the new dimmable fixture have? I was disappointed to discover my AquaticLife hybrid fixture had two cords. This made cord management more challenging and didn't make for a sleek, polished look like I'd expected. All the stray cords and having to assemble it myself seemed like a downgrade from my very cheap hydroponic T5 light.

Just the one power plus the 0 - 10v control wire plus of course the additional LED power cords.

What size and how many LED fixtures did you install?

Assembling is required so we can offer the additional width options and larger LED. It can be reduced in width to 16” wide up to 23.25 for wider aquariums.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back