Aquatic Life Halo Leds

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm running three Aquatic Life Halo Led (Deluxe MX110 and 2 M80s) on my 120 gal 6 foot long FOWLR. I do have one BTA in there for the clowns.

I 'm trying to figure out the settings and where they should be dialed in at as far as timers, power and spectrum. I was running them at half power and half spectrum with channel 1 (ocean blue light) starting at 8am -7pm, Channel 2 (Kelvin white) 10am-5pm
and moonlight 8pm-10pm. 1hr ramp up and down.

Now I have a ton of green hair algae and want to get rid of it. I stopped feeding twice a day about two weeks ago and only feed once a day. Tank is about 3 months old, so it could be just the uglies too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a fish only tank. You can literally set them however you want. The one anemone will likely be more concerned with the tank being so young rather than what the lights are set to. The algae is purely a result of the tank age. Put a few pincushion urchins and a big foxface in there and they’ll nibble it down

OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a fish only tank. You can literally set them however you want. The one anemone will likely be more concerned with the tank being so young rather than what the lights are set to. The algae is purely a result of the tank age. Put a few pincushion urchins and a big foxface in there and they’ll nibble it down
I ended up losing all the fish to velvet about a month ago. The nem is starting to gain green color in its tentacles and is getting bigger. I went ahead a picked up 4 zebra turbos last week and a pincushion today. They are starting to take care of business. Will be fallow until after Christmas. Learned a good lesson and will qt this time.

Back