Aquatic Life Hybrid with Radion XR15W G4 PRO

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent explanations guys. I will stay with my Radions with diffusers since I have them high and the spread reaches every part of my tank and my PAR values are where I want them to be at each level and area of my tank.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this ballast, the Phillips one. My friend suggested it because it's the top rated ballast you can get.

What made me really think it was worth it was three things.

- 1st, the AL fixture didn't seem add much. Although it had an HEP ballast it was not the same output as an ATI fixture.

- 2nd, I had friends who had both ATI fixtures next to the AL fixture and they agreed even with 4 bulbs to 2 bulbs the 2 bulb ATI was visually brighter to the eyes.

- 3rd, par testing showed the AL fixture had only 15% more PAR over a 2 bulb LET retrofit.

All these things combined made me give it a go. After switching 1 ballast and turning the AL on the side with the Phillips ballast was visibly significantly brighter. Of course no PAR meter

I would advise everyone switch out to stronger ballasts. It was an absolute game changer. Corals are brighter, growth has significantly picked up, and colors improved.

If they don't put much better ballasts in the next iteration of the fixture a new generation is all for naught.

I see this ballast is for 54w bulbs. Will that work on the 24 inch model?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back