Aquatic life t5 hybrid

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I set up my 36 inch aquatic life t5 hybrid about a month ago. I noticed yesterday when light first came on the t5s were like flashing for first about 5-8ish minute. It would like flash for second then back normal light, then few seconds later do it again. It did not flicker like turn off almost like “lightening” feature on some leds. Where it just flash brighter. A friend of mine said sounds like connection issue with some the bulbs. What do y’all think? Was considering contacting marine depot or aquatic life themselves.( there are no leds yet only t5s in the fixture)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I set up my 36 inch aquatic life t5 hybrid about a month ago. I noticed yesterday when light first came on the t5s were like flashing for first about 5-8ish minute. It would like flash for second then back normal light, then few seconds later do it again. It did not flicker like turn off almost like “lightening” feature on some leds. Where it just flash brighter. A friend of mine said sounds like connection issue with some the bulbs. What do y’all think? Was considering contacting marine depot or aquatic life themselves.( there are no leds yet only t5s in the fixture)

Send AL an email. They have great customer service.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it 1 bulb? Swap and see if it's the bulb, If its both then make sure they are both seated well in the sockets.
AL has a V-long thread dealing w/lights.
Good Luck

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea what bulbs you using? I just fired mine up and I didn’t see any flashing rather I had just the tips of the bulbs fire and then eventually the whole bulb lit. Apex says it’s pulling about 240w which is slightly overdriven in a 48” fixture

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea what bulbs you using? I just fired mine up and I didn’t see any flashing rather I had just the tips of the bulbs fire and then eventually the whole bulb lit. Apex says it’s pulling about 240w which is slightly overdriven in a 48” fixture
2x blue plus, actinic, and coral plus, I’m worried it’s a ballast issue, someone said could be that and someone said could be my wall timer.
Blue plus, actinic, coral plus, blue plus

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it 1 bulb? Swap and see if it's the bulb, If its both then make sure they are both seated well in the sockets.
AL has a V-long thread dealing w/lights.
Good Luck
I’m going to make sure connections are fine, there all brand new bulbs, but I’m just worried it’s ballast issue, and if it’s that I think imma just try get money back.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its dumb but make sure the bulbs are twisted and secured fully. Had an issue with one of the t5 hybrids and they forgot to twist the bulbs all the way locked and they would get some connection and flickered like that.

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to make sure connections are fine, there all brand new bulbs, but I’m just worried it’s ballast issue, and if it’s that I think imma just try get money back.
Call/email them up first. I had an issue with my ballast and they sent me a new one. Super easy to replace the ballast. I've had my lights up and running well over a year. Running C+ and B+ x's2. Love theses lights paired with my XR15 Pro. Customer service is top notch.

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its dumb but make sure the bulbs are twisted and secured fully. Had an issue with one of the t5 hybrids and they forgot to twist the bulbs all the way locked and they would get some connection and flickered like that.
That’s not dumb! I was gonna check each bulb when I get home! To make sure before I make decision what to do about fixture and someone told me check the wall timer because some of them are not strong enough to handle that much power

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchase the light fixture. And the bulbs at the same time. I plugged it all in to check it. One side lit up. The other side 1 bulb was glowing on the ends. For a second. And then cut out. So after switching all the bulbs around playing around with it for a while. I determined that one bulb was bad. Even though it was brand new. So I called marinedepot the next morning. Then they sent me out a new bulb. And now the fixture works fine However, I haven't run it for any amount of time just for a minute. Keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchase the light fixture. And the bulbs at the same time. I plugged it all in to check it. One side lit up. The other side 1 bulb was glowing on the ends. For a second. And then cut out. So after switching all the bulbs around playing around with it for a while. I determined that one bulb was bad. Even though it was brand new. So I called marinedepot the next morning. Then they sent me out a new bulb. And now the fixture works fine However, I haven't run it for any amount of time just for a minute. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Yeah I had problem with one the new bulbs, and they sent me brand new one, all the lights come on, just for first five minutes they did weird flashing, like they get brighter for split second, idk just hope ain’t a ballast problem

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. I determined that one bulb was bad. Even though it was brand new.
Not uncommon with these colored bulbs to get a bad one. I bought 2 b+ and 2 aci with my light and 3 months later when I finally got the light up 1 was bad, called and brs sent a replacement, But said to check your bulbs when they arrive,
they normally wouldn't replace in that long of period.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back