AquaticLife Hybrid Mod

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
PPS. I think your office/support center is just a few blocks from my house![/QUOTE]

If you want to come over and look at one in person just let me know. We are located in South El Monte, CA. I have a few new improvements that might interest you.

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PPS. I think your office/support center is just a few blocks from my house!

If you want to come over and look at one in person just let me know. We are located in South El Monte, CA. I have a few new improvements that might interest you.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I assumed it was in the valley because of the 818 area code. But South El Monte is pretty close too. And that would be awesome! I would absolutely like to stop by and see what you have in the works.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few new improvements that might interest you.
Dave your killing me, What is in the works? I Really like the 2/4 bulb selectivity , I run 1 bank all day along with my kessil's on full blue, Coraline growth has exploded. I can't help to think that a dimming fixture that can be used all day is the way to go.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Dave your killing me, What is in the works? I Really like the 2/4 bulb selectivity , I run 1 bank all day along with my kessil's on full blue, Coraline growth has exploded. I can't help to think that a dimming fixture that can be used all day is the way to go.

Good to hear it's doing what you wanted, i heard similar results at RAP last week.

Working on a dimming unit and will begin drawings in a few weeks. Just sketches for now.

The new decorative end plates are in production. Showed them at RAP Florida. Most people didn't notice them until I brought it up, kind of funny.

The fixture brackets will ship later this month. White is also in the works.

All the new brackets are finished, 16" and 24" plus the additional LED brackets for them.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
If you want to come over and look at one in person just let me know. We are located in South El Monte, CA. I have a few new improvements that might interest you.

Oh, I assumed it was in the valley because of the 818 area code. But South El Monte is pretty close too. And that would be awesome! I would absolutely like to stop by and see what you have in the works.[/QUOTE]

Heading out this week for meetings, will be in the office the first week of May. Let me know we are here early 6:30 - 3:00 M- F.

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I assumed it was in the valley because of the 818 area code. But South El Monte is pretty close too. And that would be awesome! I would absolutely like to stop by and see what you have in the works.

Heading out this week for meetings, will be in the office the first week of May. Let me know we are here early 6:30 - 3:00 M- F.[/QUOTE]

Im actually off on May 4th, if that works for you...

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
When I first seen the T5 Hybrid I was currently considering adding just 2 T5's to supplement my 2
360's. My Wife is very particular and whatever I do would have to pass the sniff test and that meant a canopy and adding more Led's for coverage or all t5's. Well I enjoy the Kessel look like the a lot of you
so when the aquaticlife fixture popped up it was an instant solution on several fronts.
But I was still not satisfied with the lighting and control and later became aware of the cord issue,
as a licensed electrician I have seen numerous fixtures tilting and twisting due to power cords and have had to wrestle with the lot of them.
I also didn't like the control of 2 front or 2 back or all lighting option as well as 2 cords so I knew I would still have some work to do.
So this was my solution to that, as you will see I will have 1 cord and 2 switches, I will also rewire both ballast to facilitate front and back bulbs to switch 1 then both inside bulbs on switch 2.
At this time i'm halfway there and will update when I can during this busy time of the year. BTY
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or Best of the Seasons too you.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW 1 year update maybe 2 o_O while moving this fixture to the new system I checked the bulb clips before installing and they were stuck so I freed them up, but the heat shrink clip was just fine.
1568994446538.png

Parting shot ;)
phone pics 796.jpg

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW 1 year update maybe 2 o_O while moving this fixture to the new system I checked the bulb clips before installing and they were stuck so I freed them up, but the heat shrink clip was just fine.
1568994446538.png

Parting shot ;)
phone pics 796.jpg
I love what you did with your light! This is exactly what I want to do with mine but I'm kind of intimidated by all of the wiring.

I know it wouldn't look as clean but would it be possible to just lengthen the lead wires of one of the bulbs so it could reach to the other ballast? This way I could control the two center bulbs and the two outside bulbs independently?

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love what you did with your light! This is exactly what I want to do with mine but I'm kind of intimidated by all of the wiring.

I know it wouldn't look as clean but would it be possible to just lengthen the lead wires of one of the bulbs so it could reach to the other ballast? This way I could control the two center bulbs and the two outside bulbs independently?
Yes you can, you would have to wire the two outer bulbs on the same ballast and the two inner bulbs on the other ballast. I have done it on one for a friend. I like the single wire mod much better, it’s cleaner and I don’t have a use for separate banks of light.... there is a YouTube video on the separate banks. That’s where I learned how to do it, I’m not a pioneer

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can, you would have to wire the two outer bulbs on the same ballast and the two inner bulbs on the other ballast. I have done it on one for a friend. I like the single wire mod much better, it’s cleaner and I don’t have a use for separate banks of light.... there is a YouTube video on the separate banks. That’s where I learned how to do it, I’m not a pioneer
Yes! That's good know....thanks for the help.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys thanks for breathing life into the thread.
I wish I could say it's an easy diy but it will take some work. Now I would look into using the Deco end caps AI uses for this
Fixture for the wire raceway. BTW I only use one set of T5 unless I'm working on the tank or taking pic's, If the tank had
fewer LEDs I would be using both. Please check this DIY build

1586633370933.png

wackyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread and well done on the customization but also well done on getting the community (and yourself) to feed into the product development. It's a great product (I just bought one) but the improvement and evolution that is community driven is important.

Can I also recommend Aquatic Life to take some hints from the AI hanging kit. The standard hanging kit that comes with the G2 fixture requires you to have hooks in the roof. Screwing hooks into the roof might work for many but it's not necessarily 100% robust. Normally hardware store hooks can easily be pulled out of a plaster board roof.

A video from Puff Daddy Reef put me onto it. The roof anchors on the AI hanging kit is far superior and either should be included in the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture or should be a cost effective extra.

( )

None the less, love the product and will be supporting Aquatic Life.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back