AquaticLife RO buddie

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at getting a small RO/DI system that I thought would work for me and I saw the AquaticLife RO buddie with DI cartridge. I was wondering if this a good one and I was also wondering if it would effect the effectiveness of the filters if I unhooked it from my sink when I was done with it for the day?
 
I have one and it is awesome! Only thing is i have the 100 gpd unit with the DI added on and get 0 TDS. My only complaint is that the DI resin seems to burnout very quickly i have to replace every month but granted i make about 30 gallons a week
 
I plan on getting the 50 gpd one and would it mess anything up if I disconnected it every time im done using it?
 
I do not know, I have mine on a Y valve coming off the cold washer line with switches to turn on and off. I do tend to use it almost everyday, recently set up another tank and have not gotten an ato for it yet. I do know when i replace the di resin and disconnect it it seems to drain the unit which may cause a problem as it will allow everything to dry out and have heard that that can lead to filters expiring faster but have no personal experience to back that claim.
 
Same concept you would turn your water off, disconnect the cold water line and put a y valve on it. The sink side would stay on always, and then the RO unit would just be turned on when you need to use it. Either way I definitely would recommend buying the unit, the ability to make RO/DI water at home is so much nicer then having to buy it at the fish store all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new