Aquatop 24 Return Pump

AUMech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded the return pump and plumbing on my Aquatop 24. Currently only running:
1st chamber - pad of filter floss in intank holder
2nd chamber - nothing
3rd - refugium with Chaeto
4th - Mighty jet 326 got with 1/2” tubing set at lowest steady flow

The water is being pulled through faster that it is being recovered. Any ideas to help water recovery in the chambers?

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d buy a split return to help with flow. Or use an Innovative Marine Spin Stream Universal Nozzle if you don’t mind cleaning it every few months. Can also thin out the floss and media too. If I remember this tank has tall thin chambers. Maybe drilling small holes into the middle chamber.

Jb0n3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a similar issue. If I run filter floss in chamber one, my overflow cant keep up, therefore falsely triggering my ATO. I have been running it without floss and only put floss in when I'm cleaning and have the ATO off. It's a bit of a pain. My return pump (AI Axis 40) is adjustable, but I can't seem to dial it in enough to fix this issue.

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the In tank floss holder in my aquatop 40 and had the same issue every 2 days. I have gone back to the aquatop sponge with lower flow from my jerepet pump with 5/8 tubing . I vary from level 2 and 3 out of 6 depending on how far from my previous water change I am. I also blow the top of the sponge with a baster every few days. From what I have found there is no perfect answer for this tank but this allows me to use my ato with light kalk without worry of overdose due to bad filter flow.

bsquaredX2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this same issue. Went from the aquatop return, to a sicce, and to another brand i can't think of right now. Never could get the other return pumps turned down low enough to keep a good amount of water in the back chamber. Honestly i ended up going back to the aquatop and just turned up the flow on my hyyger wave makers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back