Aquatop 40 Recife Tank

mbowreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
9
Location
Hagerstown, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First salt water tank a lot of reading and help from a good friend I dove into this head first

Tank- Aquatop 40 recife
Substrate- Caribsea coraline
Rock- 30 lbs Caribsea life rock
Salt- instant ocean reef crystals
Light- AI Prime 16
Skimmer- Aquatop skimmer
Return- IM mighty jet 538 gph
Movement- 2 AI nero 3
ATO- Tunze osmolator nano / bashsea 5 gal container
Fish- 2 ocellaris clown fish / 4 green chromis
Inverts- 1 cleaner shrimp / 30 astraea snails
IMG_8439.jpeg
IMG_1642.jpeg IMG_0126.jpeg IMG_2271.jpeg IMG_2272.jpeg IMG_2273.jpeg IMG_0695.jpeg IMG_0700.jpeg IMG_0702.jpeg IMG_0727.jpeg IMG_0725.jpeg IMG_0726.jpeg IMG_1118.jpeg IMG_1121.jpeg IMG_1455.jpeg IMG_1454.jpeg IMG_1456.jpeg
 
Tank is looking good! Love the rock shelf. Do you just use it for frags or is it a permanent part of the rockscape?
 
Tank is looking good! Love the rock shelf. Do you just use it for frags or is it a permanent part of the rockscape?
Just for frags right now, got carried away with the WWC sale last weekend. Looking to start a frag tank so they will stay there for now.
 
How is the flow in your tank I have two of the Nero 3 heads as well. I have one facing forward from the rear to the front on the right side. The other facing right from the left side. I am getting some sand movement onn the front lower right side now after aiming the return toward the surface to get some aggitatioin for the surface. I havent had enough time to adjust things around yet. But was wondering how the heads flow with both mounted on the back facing froward?
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_7941.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7941.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 53
First salt water tank a lot of reading and help from a good friend I dove into this head first

Tank- Aquatop 40 recife
Substrate- Caribsea coraline
Rock- 30 lbs Caribsea life rock
Salt- instant ocean reef crystals
Light- AI Prime 16
Skimmer- Aquatop skimmer
Return- IM mighty jet 538 gph
Movement- 2 AI nero 3
ATO- Tunze osmolator nano / bashsea 5 gal container
Fish- 2 ocellaris clown fish / 4 green chromis
Inverts- 1 cleaner shrimp / 30 astraea snails
IMG_8439.jpeg
IMG_1642.jpeg IMG_0126.jpeg IMG_2271.jpeg IMG_2272.jpeg IMG_2273.jpeg IMG_0695.jpeg IMG_0700.jpeg IMG_0702.jpeg IMG_0727.jpeg IMG_0725.jpeg IMG_0726.jpeg IMG_1118.jpeg IMG_1121.jpeg IMG_1455.jpeg IMG_1454.jpeg IMG_1456.jpeg
Any updates on your tank? it looks great so far!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new