Aquatop Max flow dc wavemaker

Reefgirl0412

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2022
Messages
192
Reaction score
126
Location
GRAND JUNCTION
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have 2 aquatop wavemakers for my 110 gallon tank. 352 -2133 GPH and the other one is 175 - 1056 gph. I was wondering if anyone else uses them ? And what setting should I use. Trying to adjust my wavemakers for awhile now, still have some dead spots. Right now I have it on the arrow setting, which is the stream mode. Please help. Thank you
 
If you have a 110g tank, you probably want to shoot for a total flow (i.e. wavemakers and return pump) of between 2500gph and 5000gph.

Zoas and soft corals are fine with less flow. LPS like more flow. SPS like even more flow. Cyano bacteria that you don't want, doesn't like flow at all.

All that said, how do you have an Aquatop aio tank? I've been in the hobby for 20+ years and have always had big tanks with sumps or small temporary tanks with HOB filters. I'm seriously downsizing and I know somebody who is selling a 40g Aquatop aio tank. I have paid next to no attention to aio tanks until now. What is your opinion of your tank?

BTW, my concern is that most aio tanks have pumps that are too small and too little filtration. But that's an opinion born of lack of experience!
 
If you have a 110g tank, you probably want to shoot for a total flow (i.e. wavemakers and return pump) of between 2500gph and 5000gph.

Zoas and soft corals are fine with less flow. LPS like more flow. SPS like even more flow. Cyano bacteria that you don't want, doesn't like flow at all.

All that said, how do you have an Aquatop aio tank? I've been in the hobby for 20+ years and have always had big tanks with sumps or small temporary tanks with HOB filters. I'm seriously downsizing and I know somebody who is selling a 40g Aquatop aio tank. I have paid next to no attention to aio tanks until now. What is your opinion of your tank?

BTW, my concern is that most aio tanks have pumps that are too small and too little filtration. But that's an opinion born of lack of experience!
I dont have an aio tank. I have a tank with a sump. I'm just asking how to program my aquatop wavemaker for a good flow in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new