AQUATOP RECIFE 24 ECO Help

CodyS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to this forum page and new to saltwater, I am very familiar with freshwater but saltwater is something I'm extremely eager to learn . I'm sorry if this post is long but I'm worried about my first tank. Long story short I bought this second hand from a guy in my area that didn't offer much help. I am worried I have done something wrong , firstly I'm concerned about the water level it doesn't seem like my water is cycling through the skimmer and media boxes and I general the first chamber efficiently.

Second: In regards to the first chamber there was nothing included so I put filter sponge but it seems like alot of things linger ontop of the water in the first chamber and aren't being pulled down to the second chamber .

Third: the upgraded skimmer has been running for about a week now ( post 1 month cycle without it ) and water just seems to collect in the cup. And the move to the media baskets

Fourth: what should the water level be in the media baskets chamber ?

Fifth: I don't think the return pump was the one that originally came with this tank and I found the newer V2 skimmer on their website but not a replacement return pump . The water level is almost identical to the other chambers , it was originally coming out of the return chamber what seems like to me very fast and too aggressive ? If that makes sense so I adjusted it to be a little slower but in both instances the water level was high.

And lastly I now have this oranges colored stuff growing within the tank sand and rocks I have attached some pictures and I am worried . I have tried to research this setup and haven't found much . Thank you very much for any help I'm extremely excited to get this adventure going in the right direction .

20210430_191634.jpg 20210430_191628.jpg 20210430_191638.jpg 20210430_191646.jpg 20210430_191654.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a new tank, the skimmer won’t produce much for a while as there won’t be anything in the water

My skimmer was off for the first 2 months when I set my large system up.

The orange stuff is probably diatoms which is normal for a new system

Welcome to Reef2Reef as well!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back