Aquatop Recife 40 stand

Char.toombes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchased and stood up an Aquatop Recife AIO 40g and I’m pretty happy with it so far but I do have some concerns about the stand itself.

Who has this setup, and have you had any issues with your stand collapsing/falling apart/etc? I have almost no movement front to back on the tank but there is a little wobble left to right if I move it.

Im pretty careful with not getting water everywhere and the tank is tucked back in the corner of my living room so there’s no real foot traffic around it minus when I’m doing maintenance to the tank itself.

Please help calm my nerves

4E134969-4F7B-42D6-B6E2-C0C97B4EDCD5.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those stands are pretty good, provided you hand-tightened everything well— but don’t be careless about water spills; keep the panels dry. ;)

Upvote 0

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank and stand and have the same wobble left to right. It's particularly worrisome when scrubbing the glass but has held up so far. It bothers me but I figured it was made for the tank, so someone smarter than me did the math and decide it was safe, lol. I've been tempted to grab some L brackets at the hardware store and screw them on (probably a 2x4 would be better, but I don't have any tools or useful experience in that arena). If I ever move this tank, I will probably replace the stand with something home made for peace of mind.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Char.toombes

Char.toombes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank and stand and have the same wobble left to right. It's particularly worrisome when scrubbing the glass but has held up so far. It bothers me but I figured it was made for the tank, so someone smarter than me did the math and decide it was safe, lol. I've been tempted to grab some L brackets at the hardware store and screw them on (probably a 2x4 would be better, but I don't have any tools or useful experience in that arena). If I ever move this tank, I will probably replace the stand with something home made for peace of mind.
I think I’m gonna add a 1x1 cross brace in the front behind the top cross brace that’s already there and potentially may add a 3/4” piece of OSB against the back wall to make it a solid backing and just drill my own holes for cable management, but I’m also under the same impression you are that the stand was made for the tank, so it should be fine.

Upvote 0
Back