Aquatop Recife Eco 40 AIO Build

shorton

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I bought and set up the Aquatop Recife Eco 40 about a week ago. This is my first saltwater/reef build so I am still learning. Any advice would be appreciated!

Build list so far:
- Aquatop Recife Eco 40 AIO (Stock filtration/return pump)
- Jebao SOW-4 wave maker
- AI Prime 16 with tank mount
- Aqueon 150w heater
- 40lbs Caribisea reef sand
- roughly 20lbs of live rock
- 2 Black Cap Damsels
- 1 Coralline Margarita Turbo Snail
 
Last edited:
16011780909213003409862309663148.jpg
 
Looks like typical new tank stuff to me. I have the same tank. Maybe cut the lights off for a few days will help with it, but to me it looks typical.
 
Last edited:
Bought a clean up crew a on Wednesday:

- 5 Trochus snails
- 4 Scarlet hermits
- 1 Halloween hermit (My fiance named it Micheal Myers)

Also got a small sea star which was attached to one of the shells of the snails. I think its a nuisance starfish. Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Bought a clean up crew a on Wednesday:

- 5 Trochus snails
- 4 Scarlet hermits
- 1 Halloween hermit (My fiance named it Micheal Myers)

Also got a small sea star which was attached to one of the shells of the snails. I think its a nuisance starfish. Thoughts?

those asterina starfish will multiply like crazy. I had an abundance i had to suck out and during water changes and at one point purchased a pair of harlequin shrimps to get rid of them. Can be a nuisance IMO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new