Aquatop Surface Skimmer

famuv5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,
Newbie still here. So question for anyone who has this surface skimmer that goes in front of the intake side of my aquatop 40 gallon tank. I’m not sure how to quite use it or what the purpose is. I put in front of the intake side and my display side of the tank rose up to the glass lid and the middle and the return chambers lowered drastically. It scared the crap out of me and I thought my display side would over flow. Any advice, suggestions as to how to use it if necessary. The picture is after I slide from in front of the intake. Thanks
IMG_3300.jpeg

OP
OP
F

famuv5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get it running?
Yes the tank is running but without that water surface skimmer that I am still trying to figure out how to us or the purpose. As I said it raises the display side of my tank significantly to the very top edge while the return chamber goes down to about half so I’m still puzzled but I’m running never the less without that piece.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey OP, it's a tool to adjust the in tank water level. The higher you have it sitting, the higher your display water level will be. It's mainly for the look of the tank - you don't actually need to use it.

It's not doing anything else. Surface skimming is happening naturally by the water falling through the existing wier onto your floss, the riser won't change that.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the tank is running but without that water surface skimmer that I am still trying to figure out how to us or the purpose. As I said it raises the display side of my tank significantly to the very top edge while the return chamber goes down to about half so I’m still puzzled but I’m running never the less without that piece.
Try this setup

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back