AquaVitro Fuel and All-For-Reef

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to use both AquaVitro Fuel and All-For-Reef? from what I can tell, both contain some of the same trace elements? is there a risk of overdose or buildup? I do weekyl water changes of about 15% ish

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is fine. The reason being is that the trace elements are the content of the chlorella (at least from my understanding). an ICP test would be the only way to tell for sure. Someone else may want to chime in but at least this is my opinion.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Aquavitro is not helpful on this account, I'd personally think of the trace elements in Fuel like those in foods, not high like trace element supplements.

The Fuel web site is not at all clear as to what's in it. Clearly not written to inform. It gives a guaranteed analysis (say, 15 ug iron), but does not say what amount of Fuel that is in. Is that in the whole bottle? In the 5 mL of dose recommended for each 20 gallons? In the 20 gallons after dosing? Something else?

Strange to not clarify it.

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Aquavitro is not helpful on this account, I'd personally think of the trace elements in Fuel like those in foods, not high like trace element supplements.

The Fuel web site is not at all clear as to what's in it. Clearly not written to inform. It gives a guaranteed analysis (say, 15 ug iron), but does not say what amount of Fuel that is in. Is that in the whole bottle? In the 5 mL of dose recommended for each 20 gallons? In the 20 gallons after dosing? Something else?

Strange to not clarify it.

I can answer that sort of -- annoying that they listed it in grams only, and not mL's. Assuming that's grams of the liquid.

If I did the math right, for the things I'd be concerned over, like copper, it adds an insignificant amount. Assuming 1 gram of Aquavitro Fuel = 1 mL of liquid.

I don't have a scale with enough precision to measure it with enough significant digits.

1658408446559.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back