Aqueon 150g Reef Tank

GoBlue923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, got my first saltwater aquarium in August. My family and I have always been fascinated by marine life in the wild and decided it would be fun to observe the ecosystem from our home. My setup is an Aqueon 150g reef tank, Eshopps RS 200 Sump, Octo 150 SSS Skimmer, Three AI Hydra 32 HD's, Neptune Apex with ATO, AFS, LDK, and DOS (using for AWC), Medium IceCap CO2 Scrubber, two Sicce Syncra 3.0 return pumps. Current inhabitants are two snowflake clowns, royal gramma, rasta zoe, frogspawn LPS, pink zoe, orange zoe, and a blue mushroom. Not sure on the exact species of the two Zoanthids that just have the color listed. That's the primary color when they are open. I know rookie move but they were picked based on color and didn't pay attention to the names. Tank pics coming soon. Lights are just now turning on.

OP
OP
GoBlue923

GoBlue923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAR meter is on the way so I can adjust my lighting for optimal coral growth.

image6.jpeg
image6.jpeg

Last edited:

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! How sturdy are the rocks? Some look like they could be a little unsteady. Certain animals can move them.

looks good though!

OP
OP
GoBlue923

GoBlue923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How sturdy are the rocks? Some look like they could be a little unsteady. Certain animals can move them.

looks good though!
Thanks! The rocks are really grippy and dense, I feel like they are locked into each other really well. Other than eels, which I don't plan to get what other animals might be able to move them?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! The rocks are really grippy and dense, I feel like they are locked into each other really well. Other than eels, which I don't plan to get what other animals might be able to move them?
Anything that digs like gobies or pistol shrimp can cause some colapsing. I had a needle urchin kill himself via rock collapse too haha.

OP
OP
GoBlue923

GoBlue923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that digs like gobies or pistol shrimp can cause some colapsing. I had a needle urchin kill himself via rock collapse too haha.
Do you thing something like a sand sifting starfish could cause any issues? I was considering getting one once my tank is a little more mature.

OP
OP
GoBlue923

GoBlue923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I have to have the video hosted on another platform so here are some updated pictures. Changed out my two Sicce Synchra 3.0 pumps for a COR 20 with a four port manifold that I built. Two ports for my returns, one for a sterilizer, and the fourth is for future expansion.
DCF26DA5-F62A-423A-B2C6-8934F3669D41.jpeg
24D6844D-626F-4BD6-B85B-66A44FEF2D97.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back