Are automatic calcium reactors that great ?

jamo130788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I run an SPS dominant tank that used to use a dosing pump to maintain parameters. I then setup an aquamaxx calcium reactor which made the world of difference to my tanks growth, coloration and over stability. I run the calcium reactor off my apex and have one of those fancy carbon doser valves to control bubbles/minute. Not sure if I needed that last piece of equipment since the apex turns the solenoid off using the ph probe in the reactor chamber but I bought because it seemed to be a popular choice. Anyways, the calcium reactor has truly been an invaluable addition to my tank and has made the managing of parameters SO easy. Given the success I have had with my calcium reactor, I began researching automatic calcium reactors( destaco, deltec etc). I want to know what benefit they provide above my current setup? Will the addition of an automatic calcium reactor make my reef tank thrive even more ? If so, what about automatic calcium reactors( functionally ) makes them superior? I feel that my current setup is pretty “automatic” and really quite easy to run and maintain. What are everyone’s thoughts ?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What comes out of it is the same thing that comes out of yours. In some cases, the output is less effective since they use man-made media without all of the traces that natural media has.

These things are for the reefer, not for the tank, IMO. If you just have to have one, then cool, but don't expect anything different than what you have now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back