Are bulkheads required on an ATO bucket?

OldRed1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
973
Reaction score
1,324
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 25 gallon nano tank, I will have a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket to hold RODI water to feed my auto top off system. I’m using the Smart Nano ATO system, which uses a 1/4” tube to feed the pump. Do I need to bother with a bulkhead for the tube running into the bucket, or can I just punch a small hole just large enough for the tube to fit through?

Maybe a silly question, but I want to risk exposing the RODI water to any contaminants. Thanks!
 
I prefer to seal my ATO containers as much as possible. RODI water is like a sponge and will obsorb minerals from the air. Your drill a small hole in the top should work fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new