Are hyperreef 200 gen 2 lights mountable on Ecotech RMS light track??

  • Thread starter Thread starter dradnan04
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dradnan04

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 82.7 inch long euro braced saltwater aquarium. I am finding it challenging to find appropriate lights that can be mounted on the Euro braced borders. Does anyone know if we can mount Nicrew hyperreef 200 G2 lights on the ecotech RMS light track? Will appreciate any input.
 
I have a 82.7 inch long euro braced saltwater aquarium. I am finding it challenging to find appropriate lights that can be mounted on the Euro braced borders. Does anyone know if we can mount Nicrew hyperreef 200 G2 lights on the ecotech RMS light track? Will appreciate any input.
Wow! Sounds like a beautiful tank!

I was trying to do some research to help with your question. Could you tell us how wide the tank is and how thick the eurobrace lip is? Photos would help for sure.

I assume you're planning to place the mount rails resting on the eurobrace/tank edge. Is there any possibility of mounting the rail to the ceiling somehow? Either directly or suspended? That might be an easier way to potentially use the NICREW rail system. I'm not sure if the NICREW lights will mount to the Ecotech rail.
 
Wow! Sounds like a beautiful tank!

I was trying to do some research to help with your question. Could you tell us how wide the tank is and how thick the eurobrace lip is? Photos would help for sure.

I assume you're planning to place the mount rails resting on the eurobrace/tank edge. Is there any possibility of mounting the rail to the ceiling somehow? Either directly or suspended? That might be an easier way to potentially use the NICREW rail system. I'm not sure if the NICREW lights will mount to the Ecotech rail.

Hello there . Thanks for your reply
I actually ended up installing Ecotech Radion XR30 and XR15 lights on an Ecotech RMS light track :)
I have not put all the rocks and none of the corals and fish in it yet .



IMG_2341.jpeg
 
Wow! Sounds like a beautiful tank!

I was trying to do some research to help with your question. Could you tell us how wide the tank is and how thick the eurobrace lip is? Photos would help for sure.

I assume you're planning to place the mount rails resting on the eurobrace/tank edge. Is there any possibility of mounting the rail to the ceiling somehow? Either directly or suspended? That might be an easier way to potentially use the NICREW rail system. I'm not sure if the NICREW lights will mount to the Ecotech rail.

Also, to answer your questions, the tank is 30” wide from front to back, and the eurobrace panel is 3.5” wide. No, the ceiling is not an option as the ceiling is 23” high in my living room.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new