Are my Anthias healthy?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been feeding 2-3x/day and they seem to be doing great; however, I am concerned that with as much as I am feeding their belly doesn’t seem to be getting bigger like all my other fish—it is more flat. Any Anthias experts out there able to tell me if these look healthy or what signs I should be looking for on these fish to make sure they are healthy? Do I need to be feeding more?

19520040-EAFB-4A15-9E21-0F65DF9F25B8.jpeg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those currently look healthy but a bit thin. These are very active fish burning calories all day long. They also thrive with many smaller portioned meals. I use an Avast Plank auto feeder with TDO small pellets feeding 4x day. Also feed frozen 1-2 times in the evening. I noticed significant improvement in my anthias after setting up the Plank.

And a pic as all threads need them

20220905_173516_resized.jpg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the plank feeder. I have 7-8 different foods in mine at one time right now from pellets to nori flake to freeze dried mysis and feeds 10x a day and I do 1-2x frozen aswell

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those currently look healthy but a bit thin. These are very active fish burning calories all day long. They also thrive with many smaller portioned meals. I use an Avast Plank auto feeder with TDO small pellets feeding 4x day. Also feed frozen 1-2 times in the evening. I noticed significant improvement in my anthias after setting up the Plank.

And a pic as all threads need them

20220905_173516_resized.jpg
Gorgeous fish! Yeah I was thinking mine were a little on the thin side, but I have noticed them coloring up a bit from when I added them. My fish refuse all dried food, but I have a hydros auto feeder that dumps tdo pellets in 1x/day— I’ve been hoping that the other fish will train them to accept it and I did notice that 1 of 2 picked a little at the pellets now. I’ve been feeding the calanus and lrs frenzy 2X/day. Been hoping once they accept dried food more regularly I can do more there!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will learn from the other fish. My anthias didn't like pellets at first. Now the hit anything dropped into the tank.

That anthias is a bimaculatus. She hangs out with a harem of lyretail.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back