Are my Corals Bleaching?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sento
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sento

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Messages
100
Reaction score
54
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey !
I got a tiny question about my corals like are they bleaching? Or did my Sexy shrimp just eat all their polyps they do not look healthy at all imo any idea if its that or a flow problem or a light problem? The water parameters are fine so I dont know what is happening

20241230_182904.jpg 20241230_182923.jpg
 
Hey !
I got a tiny question about my corals like are they bleaching? Or did my Sexy shrimp just eat all their polyps they do not look healthy at all imo any idea if its that or a flow problem or a light problem? The water parameters are fine so I dont know what is happening

20241230_182904.jpg 20241230_182923.jpg unfortunately those are toast. what par did you have those corals at
 
Upvote 0
Hey !
I got a tiny question about my corals like are they bleaching? Or did my Sexy shrimp just eat all their polyps they do not look healthy at all imo any idea if its that or a flow problem or a light problem? The water parameters are fine so I dont know what is happening

20241230_182904.jpg 20241230_182923.jpg
Yikes, gone, sorry for the loss.

I read your nutrients, very low. That may not have been the cause of the bleaching event but it certainly could have contributed in the long run anyway.

You can stop testing for ammonia and nitrite. Put those kits away.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new