0   0   0
Title says it all.
C0400C63-AB0B-4E95-A6A8-95FE65ACFA89.jpeg

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too high? Only if you are getting too much light spill outside the tank, or the led light is blinding you from your viewpoint (for instance if you are viewing the tank from a lower position like a couch and looking up at the tank), or if you are not getting enough par for the corals you are keeping. If you are just keeping softies and LPS, you don't need a lot of par and most likely not an issue. In general, I prefer mounting lights as high as I can get away with, as I prefer the more even par distribution (no hot spots), the wider coverage, and less salt spray getting on lenses and the units from random water splashes from fish and such (I have had some fish splash enough water out if the tank you would have thought there was a leak somewhere in the tank).

OP
OP
Sidewyz

Sidewyz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are Hydra 26 running David Saxby’s profile.

aquaregia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just visited WWC's new facility in Winter Park FL. Every light in the store and their coral farm(all Radions) mounted 24 to 30 inches above water line.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all about Par ,, get your hands on a Par meter ,, start with knowing what PAR your corals like ,, set your lights where you want them ,, check the numbers ,, you can either raise or lower your lights ,, turn up the intensity ,, its worth the effort to seek out a Par Meter ,, anything less than that ,, your just guessing and letting your corals tell you ,, going that route can cost you corals :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back