Are my Seams failing?

BrickReef95

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Messages
117
Reaction score
55
Location
Howey in the Hills
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally JUST got home with a new 93 cube off marketplace and as I was filling it to water test, I noticed bubbles. I had no idea that was even a thing to look out for. Should I be concerned? Did I just waste my money?


20260312_181943_1F59427A-4F09-4FEA-854A-3EE6A52F00AA.png

20260312_182039_38645759-559D-444E-B01A-FE65A6C4F574.png

20260312_182129_7A4DAD99-CE39-4BA2-8644-968F3D646EEE.png
 
Who made the tank out of curiosity?
 
I had an old marineland cube with corner overflow several years ago that had the same bubbling in the silicon. The bubbles would completely go away when the tank was dry or even during a water change. Once it was filled back up, the bubbles would return. It never ended up leaking on me (I ran the tank for about a year), but it definitely made me nervous. I didn't notice all of this until it was already setup and the tank was stocked. IMO, since you haven't yet stocked it, I'd probably choose not to set it up...unfortunately...don't think its worth the risk.
 
I literally JUST got home with a new 93 cube off marketplace and as I was filling it to water test, I noticed bubbles. I had no idea that was even a thing to look out for. Should I be concerned? Did I just waste my money?


20260312_181943_1F59427A-4F09-4FEA-854A-3EE6A52F00AA.png

20260312_182039_38645759-559D-444E-B01A-FE65A6C4F574.png

20260312_182129_7A4DAD99-CE39-4BA2-8644-968F3D646EEE.png
I've seen much much worse. They look ok
 
Who made the tank out of curiosity?
I agree, curiosity is a very poor choice. I prefer glass and silicone, maybe acrylic.
I wasn’t told. It looks very much like a frameless cube by marineland though. They are pretty much the only manufacturer who makes those dimensions.
 
I had an old marineland cube with corner overflow several years ago that had the same bubbling in the silicon. The bubbles would completely go away when the tank was dry or even during a water change. Once it was filled back up, the bubbles would return. It never ended up leaking on me (I ran the tank for about a year), but it definitely made me nervous. I didn't notice all of this until it was already setup and the tank was stocked. IMO, since you haven't yet stocked it, I'd probably choose not to set it up...unfortunately...don't think its worth the risk.

Awe man. You got my hopes up 😂. Now I feel like I wasted my money. 😱
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new