Are my Zoas dead?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ichthy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ichthy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small zoas haven’t opened in about 3 weeks
The largest one hasn’t opened in about 2 weeks

A few people have said they’re just extremely ticked off. One or 2 blamed my Coral Beauty Angel, Drew but Drew has been in the tank since March 6th and the smaller colonies were already closed.

For the weekend of March 8, something happened with the bulbs/wiring of my Coraline Biocube 29 gallon and my temperature went up from 77-80 and sat at 83 degrees. I didn’t have the white lights or the little blue ones with cooling fan, only the dark blue lights.
I got the replacement hood on March 18th.


Salinity as of 3/20/19: 1.024
Calcium as of 3/20/19: 424
Nitrite, Ammonia, Nitrate, Phosphate as of 3/20/19: 0
pH as of 3/20/19: 8.1
Alkalinity as of 3/20/19: 9.6
 
Here are the pics

A4B2AAA7-4083-42CB-BEDB-A99FA6274A71.jpeg


125A2523-5436-4202-A41E-03178D7A202F.jpeg


F656978D-5A7C-4DCB-A8F5-117D94997189.jpeg


D9789D7B-064F-4906-AC4D-BDE4DF999ADC.jpeg


8A6B9B76-B3A6-4A30-A3C3-C4700FE75D67.jpeg


83C16EEC-0F4E-4FEA-B7C1-97E1EB8A5CCD.jpeg
 
I think they’re fine. I often keep my tank at 80-81 degrees. It won’t hurt them as long as it doesn’t go higher. Just watch them.
 
I think they’re fine. I often keep my tank at 80-81 degrees. It won’t hurt them as long as it doesn’t go higher. Just watch them.


I have been watching them and no change. I fed them once and they closed up and haven’t opened back up.
My temperature did go up to 83 degrees for like 8-10 hours (while I was at work) but that was due to some wiring/bulb issue in my hood and they were closed before that.
 
I have one or two like so and one of which I think is dead or doomed!

Im waiting on the others to open :(

7A33BABF-0CCC-44BB-973F-946689664FEB.jpeg


6A8C39CC-F60C-4DB9-9537-62E1B5132173.jpeg


1989115B-21AE-436C-B2B4-C11A6D5188BE.jpeg


F2F5667C-C56F-422F-8C79-A93C8B8F2EC2.jpeg


CFCA7D14-3265-4E29-9DA2-1AE418CD7E13.jpeg


58A6C952-A29E-409C-B40E-2A7FBAF6465F.jpeg


278BD6D8-65C5-4F8D-B11A-72DE64EC827F.jpeg


32631D19-8E73-40A7-9CA4-B60E2519DB49.jpeg


18B0BCD7-CDC6-4B8A-8E3F-558135DD283A.jpeg


0A3E4AF1-0FB4-4A96-9524-2F6D343CF7FE.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new