are there any toadstool varieties that stay small?

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about what I want in my tank and I like the idea of toadstool but at a 7g tank I don’t want it to overwhelm the limited space. Do any varieties exist that remain small? No more the size of a tennis ball at max growth?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about what I want in my tank and I like the idea of toadstool but at a 7g tank I don’t want it to overwhelm the limited space. Do any varieties exist that remain small? No more the size of a tennis ball at max growth?
I’m not familiar with any coral that won’t eventually outgrow a 7 gallon tank without pruning. But you can always start with a small frag and trim it down when it gets too big.

OP
OP
N

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I'll cross toadstool off my list. I have a feeling if I prune it down, it's just going to look like a block of tofu for most of the time.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I'll cross toadstool off my list. I have a feeling if I prune it down, it's just going to look like a block of tofu for most of the time.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Well your frags will look like it, i don't know about the actual toad... it would probably look like a mushroom stalk that had its cap'd ripped off.

its more like a block of tofu on a toothpick.. because u need something to which u can glue onto a frag, so people stab it with a toothpick and glue the stick to the plug.

If you want something that grows very slow, well, there are some Acans, Blastos, Favia.
They also do nice sitting on the sand, and are very colorful, and most importantly, they don't branch out like weed like other corals do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back