Are these detritus?

kin_itsu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a 18" nano cube tank a year ago.Recently my live rock is covered by some dust.Are these detritus?How can I get rid of these things.

_20220531172339.jpg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detritus is basicly composted poop and left over food and is mud like and collects in corners and where water flow slows down. Are they hard and have to be scrapped off? Because it looks like a small calcifying crustracian or worm. If so there's no way to prevent them althoufh as other things start growing they will be less noticable.

OP
OP
kin_itsu

kin_itsu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detritus is basicly composted poop and left over food and is mud like and collects in corners and where water flow slows down. Are they hard and have to be scrapped off? Because it looks like a small calcifying crustracian or worm. If so there's no way to prevent them althoufh as other things start growing they will be less noticable.
thanks for helping.They are easily removed.Just like the dust in the ocean.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a 18" nano cube tank a year ago.Recently my live rock is covered by some dust.Are these detritus?How can I get rid of these things.

_20220531172339.jpg
If detritus is settling in your rocks, you might need to increase the flow in the tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back