Are these healthy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toto851
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Toto851

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed these are slowing multiplying in my tank. I understand the white shrimp looking things are healthy. But what are they? And the "worms". Sorry, hard to get good pictures but here is what I have! Any ideas or help is appreciated! It will lead me in to my adventure in researching them.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 261
I like to think of these guys as a beneficial part of the cleanup crew.
 
They are a good cleaner but be careful because the big ones can leave a nasty sting. Also when they get very large and turn a grey color I have seen them kill gobies. I usually pick them out with tweezers and flush them when they get larger. Once you are stung you will do the same.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new