Are these new heads near the base

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishko

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
881
Reaction score
589
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these new growths on my hammer near the base. When i shined a light on them i could see a tiny bit of flesh. It has maybe 6-8 of these. It it also splitting near the top
A03418BF-DD9A-42E0-B0DE-5EB35504720F.jpeg
7612AC61-A61C-460A-9376-0EE1D0EA0BB7.jpeg
 
Yes, but not to be expected to grow into full heads. Nice piece
 
Yep, I liken them to happy coral, but most if any will get bigger. Rarely have the space to turn into a full size polyp but it’s possible with the right conditions.
Would fragging help once they grow bigger
 
You could try, but I’ve had some love for over a year and they barely doubled in size... by that time, the head it was growing on split several times to where I wasn’t worried about more growth.
 
They do both... much like a candy cane/ trumpet, they can split heads but also grow new polyps from their base.
I have one candy cane that is splitting maybe 3/4 heads. I also have this one with one head. Will this one also split in a similar way.
E5203441-E32F-4E5F-B069-44AF2145AA7E.jpeg
96D959DB-22DC-4E2A-A292-4175A2B6C003.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new