OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you making it sound like BRS is up charging you when they don't set the price. The manufacturer sets the price. You barking up the wrong tree.
Maybe that’s the case. But I do find the wide range in prices for this product to be notable.

IMG_8083.png

OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS follows MAP pricing because it's required by many mfgs to sell their products. There are many sellers on the internet that that do not follow MAP pricing......most will not last long because the mfgs will no longer sell to them once they violate the MAP agreement.
That’s a heck of a markup then if other folks have them listed so low.
My intention was not to shame BRS. I used them as standard for the high end of pricing seen for this product.

OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See? And they are also getting rid of workers using self checkout. I stopped shopping there a while ago. , But again capitalism, they help many poor shoppers afford to live.
I also don’t use Walmart for many reasons. But I’d find it hard to tell someone they should spend upwards of $100 on an identical product.
My family owns a couple Ace Hardware stores and competing with the big box places was always a struggle. But normally we were talking about $5-$15 for a similar product, not this much.
I just find this product in particular to be very interesting with the range of prices I see online. Very curious.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that’s the case. But I do find the wide range in prices for this product to be notable.

IMG_8083.png
Similar price at BRS. Their black Friday sale ended but SWA sale has not. Looks like BRS regular price is also $4 more.

Screenshot_20231203-114131.png

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also don’t use Walmart for many reasons. But I’d find it hard to tell someone they should spend upwards of $100 on an identical product.
My family owns a couple Ace Hardware stores and competing with the big box places was always a struggle. But normally we were talking about $5-$15 for a similar product, not this much.
I just find this product in particular to be very interesting with the range of prices I see online. Very curious.
Also, Amazon is full of Chinese made fake products, so may not be real

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't getting rid of them, there are always several standing around watching people check out :winking-face:
It depends on where you are, in the Seattle area one or two open on a Saturday or Sunday no matter how busy they are. Don't worry, it will be the same soon where you are. LOL:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why you all shopping at BRS if price is a thing? They are nearly never the cheapest. Look around. You pay for all of those infomercials, points, giveaways, etc.

Check the sellers on Amazon and stuff. If they are in the US, then the product is probably fine... many are stores looking to offload product. Amazon will always accept a return for knock off stuff. SWA, Champion and many others offer stuff cheaper than BRS. If you want things like RO parts and supplies, you can buy many from the people who actually make them for a substantial discount... same with chemicals and media and stuff.

On things like this, why not check eBay or the local marketplace for use stuff. It isn't like the go bad. I have gotten Tunze Care on ebay for $20-30 and they work perfectly and make most other magnets look like childs toys.

OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large and large plus isn’t an apples to apples comparison.
That’s very fair and a detail I missed.
I’m seeing the 400 model for $108 elsewhere. Not nearly as large a difference though.

OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why you all shopping at BRS if price is a thing? They are nearly never the cheapest. Look around. You pay for all of those infomercials, points, giveaways, etc.

Check the sellers on Amazon and stuff. If they are in the US, then the product is probably fine... many are stores looking to offload product. Amazon will always accept a return for knock off stuff. SWA, Champion and many others offer stuff cheaper than BRS. If you want things like RO parts and supplies, you can buy many from the people who actually make them for a substantial discount... same with chemicals and media and stuff.

On things like this, why not check eBay or the local marketplace for use stuff. It isn't like the go bad. I have gotten Tunze Care on ebay for $20-30 and they work perfectly and make most other magnets look like childs toys.
I agree with all of this and do the vast majority of my shopping on eBay for this very reason. I was just scrolling through they pages today and noticed this.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be willing to bet if those magnets came with some kind of a fancy name, and were the size of a dime, you would be willing to pay triple the price. Maybe something like Quantum Crush Fire Burst Glass Crusher mgnet.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing cheap about a large system. From the initial investment to maintenance costs that never go away or get cheaper. I will say this. That magnet cleaner will outlast any piece of equipment you will ever buy. So there's that I guess. Wait till you go to sell everything. Then you'll really cry if you ever get out of the hobby.

OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing cheap about a large system. From the initial investment to maintenance costs that never go away or get cheaper. I will say this. That magnet cleaner will outlast any piece of equipment you will ever buy. So there's that I guess. Wait till you go to sell everything. Then you'll really cry if you ever get out of the hobby.
100%. That’s in part why I was surprised. All my mag floats I got free when people where breaking down their tanks.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magfloats.jpg

I'm RICH!!!! I've got the whole family. My large one I purchased used for $4.00 and since I have glass, back in the day they sold replacement pads for a couple bucks. Don't know if they still sell that replacement kit.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be willing to bet if those magnets came with some kind of a fancy name, and were the size of a dime, you would be willing to pay triple the price. Maybe something like Quantum Crush Fire Burst Glass Crusher mgnet.
May have to work on the name though. I don't think a glass scraper should have the words "crush, burst or crusher" in its name. May as well call it the glass scratching destroyer

OP
OP
Bpones

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magfloats.jpg

I'm RICH!!!! I've got the whole family. My large one I purchased used for $4.00 and since I have glass, back in the day they sold replacement pads for a couple bucks. Don't know if they still sell that replacement kit.
I’ll do ya one better! Back in the day these things were Free at trade shows lol

IMG_8086.jpeg

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magfloats.jpg

You should wear them around your neck with a huge gold chain. LOL

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back