Tank Lid

funkychunks88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2023
Messages
100
Reaction score
66
Location
Calimesa
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 72" x 24" tank and I am looking at getting a lid made which obviously takes a while. Do you guys have any suggestions on a temporary night lid that I can create for something this big? Tank is not euro braced or anything. Just trying to avoid my eel jumping out at night.
 
Ive done acrylic sheets and weighed them down as a temporary lid for mu eels
 
I have a D&D lid. I believe they sell one for 72” tanks. It works great, easy to build, cheap and sturdy.
 
Lexan/polycarbonate sheet from Menards/Home Depot. Not super cheap though.
 
I kinda did a DIY lid. I got one of those screen door makers from Lowe’s/Home Depot. And ended up cutting it to the size of my tank. Worked out really well and it’s easy to move on and off of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new