Are these red bugs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my tank this morning and I spotted this! My quarantine and dip procedure failed :(
I thoroughly inspected ALL of my other corals and I don't see them. Only on this birdsnest.

It seems to be eating the base off. I instantly blew them off with a turkey baster. What do you guys suggest I do from here?

bugs1.jpg
 
I dont see any red bug on there but to be safe I would order interceptor and dose just to be safe. I just went through red bugs and they should not be bothering birdnest. They like smooth skin acros
 
Alright so what are they then?
Its eating the base, or the base was dead and its eating the rotting skin....

Should I just monitor and see what happens, leave them alone or act?
 
My guess is that the coral is loosing tissue around the base and the opportunistic pods are scavenging on the already dead skeleton.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new