Are VorTechs Worth The Cost?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I just bought a quiet drive MP10 about a month ago, after my Jebao RW4 crapped out after a couple months. I think the Jebao only lasted me 5 months maximum. I was hesitant spending that on a pump, but I like it a lot. Glad I went with it.
 
Well I just bought a MP10 the other day and I have to say they are well worth the price. The best pump I have ever used by far. Very nice and wide turbulent flow. Even in my 15g.
 
I have 3 Vortech powerheads. To me they are worth it, great customer support and replacing parts is easy. They also have a great controller.I think anyone would have a hard time saying these are not great pumps. It is just a matter of cost. If you can afford the pumps I am sure you will not be disappointed.
 
The Gyre XF-130 can now be broken down, with a special cap on one end. Turning it into a pump for smaller tanks. Way [emoji41]

I highly recommend the Gyre. 1 pump does the work of 3-4 that would be needed for my 40B. Therefore saving much money and space.
 
By far and away the best pump I have ever owned. I have not had a Gyre, but I have had a lot of less comparable power heads/pumps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new